Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Checked out the BAJA 250 today

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checked out the BAJA 250 today

I'am also thinking about getting one.It says no payments for 12 months on the 90cc and 250cc baja.Whats is the power like, does it do good in the mud?

Old 05-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: mbmudder
I'am also thinking about getting one.It says no payments for 12 months on the 90cc and 250cc baja.Whats is the power like, does it do good in the mud?
Some things to watch for:
- Seat not latched properly (mine had the white catches at the front squished together so it wouldn't catch. It was also hard to latch. I fixed it by prying the squished catches apart.
- Brakes weren't adjusted very well. I adjusted but rear break is still a little soft. Will have to try again

Brendin

Old 05-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

power is good, did not have it in much mud, i was climbing hills that i thought it would never go up..
starts good, runs smooth so far.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

f

Old 05-24-2006, 01:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

sorry I haven't posted this before.

I've had the Baja 250 now for 3 weeks put a couple 100 k/h(200 kilos about 125 miles)

My first test ride to check full speed outside I stopped at around 55 k/h(about 35 miles an hour) I had to slow down due to a very stiff suspension. (this was in the first 4 or so kilometers).

We took it up and down some pretty challenging trails (http://www.mountainair.ca/locate.html). It climbed every hill we tried maybe not as fast as some of the big 4x4s, but it kept up with a Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 and Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4(think it's a 400). Lots of mud and rocky ground.(until the suspension loosed up rocky ground was a bit rough)

At around 115kilometers(70ish miles) I had a chance to try a private gravel road and was doing about 75 K/h(46 miles?) no shimmering, no bouncing, pretty much like any quad I've rode.

It's taken some damage all driver error my son drove it into a rut that hit the front end bending the bars on the left and cracking a weld, also while he was trying to skim by a tree he broke a side reflector and put a small crack in the plastic in the corner it won't grow but o'well got to tease him a bit about it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

We had 2 bolts rattle loose one for right rock guard by the foot peg, the guard bent down before I saw that it was loose bent it back replaced the bolt with a bit of locktight nps. The other was for the tool box bolt on the bottom it's a pin hanv't found a replacement yet. Oh also the little tool set bag busted open, and the cheap pliers rattle the screw out of itself easy to get a new bag and better pliers. was going to put the tools in a glad plastic box and give it a tape up should keep things clean and dry till needed.

Don't forget the oil change, first oil change produced a very silver metal fleck oil. if I had to do it over I'd have done it sooner and again after a few more hours just to be safe.

All and all it's been a good atv, can't complain about anything yet...

nils

Old 05-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

when I ment sooner I'd have done it around 7 hours and again around 15 or so instead of 10 hours and 10 again

Old 05-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks Nills
when i changed my oil i also checked the gear oil and it was full. it smelled like gear oil so i left it in.
did you check yours and or did you change it.
Thanks

Old 05-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: garber
thanks Nills
when i changed my oil i also checked the gear oil and it was full. it smelled like gear oil so i left it in.
did you check yours and or did you change it.
Thanks

I checked my gear oil and it came gushing out the top bolt. The manual says that it should be full up to almost the bottom of the stopper bolt. Mine was yellow in color.

Brendin

Old 05-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gear oil in our atv was non existance at purchase so I had drained what was in it, and added new. (sorry forgot about that)

Nils

Old 05-27-2006, 01:59 AM
Trailblazer

Check this link out...http://www.ecplaza.net/tradeleads/se...0atv.html#none At the bottom it says "NOTES: the entire vehicle is produced by YAMAHA technology " when referring to the build for the Jianshe ATV 250 aka Baja Wilderness 250. I did some looking around Jianshes website and they say that they produce OEM parts for Yamaha (engines etc).

Brendin

Quick Reply: Checked out the BAJA 250 today