Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Adding remote kill switch to Kazuma 50

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding remote kill switch to Kazuma 50

Originally posted by: lynxms17
It 'was' pretty far, about 30 yards at least.

I say was because it's acting up on me. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm going to investigate

I’ll work on it thru the week here as I get time and I’ll post results.

If you try this yourself be advised your mileage may vary. This may or may not work for you. I’m still testing and only posting my results here to share the concept.

Jim
I honestly haven't had time to review this. However, I also find that we don't need it. He has picked up on riding quite well altho we don't get the chance to get out as much as we'd like to.

When time permits I will again revisit this concept but it might not be for a while.

As I stated before, initially, the remote worked very well. I'm not sure why it doesn't trip while the ATV is running unless I get real close to the wireless unit but I'm sure it's RF. It might be something as simple as a loose antenna wire. The cost is very low and the steps required to set it up are very easy so if someone wants to take the concept and run with it, I'd be happy to share the photos and knowledge I've got to this point.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Racer47

ps, you're from Cambridge and have 17 in your screen name, a Kenseth fan maybe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He won the Slinger nationals for the 3rd time. Here's a link for the story (but you may already know all of this)

http://www.slingersuperspeedway.com/report/2006/pr0613.html
So I heard ... I guess he had some electrical issues late in the race too. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it out there. (hmm ... electrical, how coincidental eh?) He's quite the guy to watch. If he can keep from getting bumped and bruised he'll overtake the points lead. In addition to his 2 wins this year he's been in contention for at least 3 others late in the race.

Did you hear that Dells Motor Speedway is going out of business? I guess it's going to bankrupcy court. Wow, how sad is that?

Old 07-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: warp50
http://www.3built.com has remote control kill switches for most vehicles and they work up to 250 feet away.

hahaha...I'm quoting myself.
Anyways just received a 10% off coupon code for 3Built.com remote kill switches.

3AU27

Old 08-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey thanks for the discount code Warp50... just processed my order with discount applied (basically covered the shipping price).

I'll post my installing experience/results back out to the forum when complete.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

As promised, wanted to post my experience for the benefit of those looking to help out their kids/nieces/nephews, etc...

Received the 3Built remote kill switch kit (my son's quad had as 12V battery) and had to determine if the kill switch is a normally open or normally closed switch. Reviewed the manual and of course nothing informative regarding the wiring/kill switch so rather than poking/cutting into wires to test with the ol' voltmeter I decided to make a quick call to an Arctic Cat Dealer (Thomas SnoSports out of Minnesota - excellent shop with great after sale service) and after a quick check they confirmed that we were a "normally open" configuration.

With 3Built kit in hand and my little helper ready by my side we traced out the wires from the battery and wires for the CDI (the kit instruction was straight-forward enough in the instructions, simply splice in the blue wire of the remote new switch sending unit to the wire running between the CDI and the kill switch after connecting to battery for power source)... however this resulted in me making another quick phone call up to the dealer because the orange and black wire from the CDI go up into the wiring harness and then turn into a black, black with white tracer, and green wire leading out of the harness over to the left handlebar. Long story short, the folks about at Thomas SnoSports were once again excellent and were able to determine that I should splice into the black with the white tracer.

Made the cuts/splice... started up the quad, confirmed it worked at close range... secured all the wiring with zip ties and electrical tape and started up again for more testing.

Works great!... tested from over 100ft away and kills within 2 seconds of holding down the kill button on the wireless remote.

For those wondering about location of the receiver/switch sending unit I secured to the front frame assembly (that protects the steering shaft) up under the front plastic "hood" area so it's protected from most weather but antenna wire is still in the open air, not underneath the seat, etc.)

With it installed my little guy laced up his boots, latched up the helmet and had me practice the remote again... and then proceeded on with 4 nice laps around the 1 acre lot avoiding his obstacles and just for good measure I tested from approx 120' once again to bring him to a stop by the driveway so I could give him a high five and tell him he's becoming an excellent driver.

Sorry for writing the short book here, but wanted to share my experience and recommend to anyone out there that the 3Built.com unit is well worth the $70 for just a little extra piece of mind as we act as responsible parents and help our children learn how to enjoy ATV and other motorsports.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also purchased a Remote Kill Switch from 3Built.com but I got mine at the Extreme Motosports Expo in Anaheim. $65 and $70 cash and carry show special. I purchased one of each model. 1 that works on my Sons JR50 (Battery Pack Version RES6VU-B) and 1 that works on my daughters LT80 (RES12VU).
I can say that my experience with the kits was positive as well. The LT80 took minutes to install and I do agree that the instructions were easy enough to follow. My wiring was a little easier to figure out because it was one that was listed on the 3Built web site. The JR50 was a little more difficult because finding a location for the receiver box took some time. One thing they do provide a lot of wire so you're not limited to where you can mount the receiver. Now to the performance. Works as described. One kit (LT80) was working great up to about 6 houses away. 50 ft per house that’s 300ft. The battery box version worked about 5 houses. A little less but I don’t plan on even coming close to testing the max range with either of my kids.
My buddy tried to hook up a garage door opener but has had nothing but problems. Ya he saved a few bucks but range was much less, remote was bulky, took all weekend to figure out. I don't think he could hook it up to a kick start vehicle. (Not sure, maybe someone could) I don't mind Mickey mousing things on my vehicles but not with my kids. I like the fact that this kit is specifically made for this application. Small, compact, comes with all connections, color instructions. Gets my vote! Simple, complete and quick to install. No messing around.
Heck, my medical insurance will charge me a $50 co-pay or $100 emergency visit. $65-$80 is well worth it. Not to mention my kids confidence. I now don't have to worry about either of them zooming off, crashing, and then taking 6 months to a year to get the fear out of them. Great product. Works as advertised. Only negative is that I wish the kits came with 2 remtoes instead of 1.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Please tell me how to get what I need to put a remote kill switch on a kazuma 50

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Go to www.3built.com.
I have one on my daughter's quad. They have wiring instructions for specific quads listed on their website. Great kits. Easy to install and they work great. On the left side of the home page you will see two links 1. Vehicle List http://www.3built.com/wiring.asp This will show you specific wiring instructions for the Kazuma vehicles and 2. Instructions http://www.3built.com/support.asp will get you to the page with installation instructions. If you don't have one of their kits maybe the installation instructions will help you install a different kit. The inner working all must be the same. Hope this helps.