Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Adding remote kill switch to Kazuma 50

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding remote kill switch to Kazuma 50

What does it take to add a remote kill switch to a Kazuma 50? Has anyone done it?

Old 05-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Trailblazer

I have. It's very easy with the right part.

I'll send you a PM with the guys email to contact to get a switch from.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would like to add one to a Giovanni 50cc. Can it be done? Where can I purchase what i need to do it?

Old 06-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

http://www.3built.com has remote control kill switches for most vehicles and they work up to 250 feet away.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm just finishing up added a wireless remote kill to my Grandson's 50cc. I got a wireless remote switch from directron.com and tied a small relay from Radio Shack into the circuit. Only issue I'm having is finding the right wire that will only, and always, have 12 volts to it when the key is in the on position. I've found hot when in the on, but it goes away when the starter button is pressed, and I've found hot when on and while cranking but it goes away when the engine is running. For now I'm just hooking to the battery and putting in an in-line plug that I'll plug and unplug as needed.

$15 for the wireless switch and $6 for the relay.

I'm taking photos as I work so I'll do up a small 'how-to'.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

The price point on something like this is great, but what is the range on that remote?

Old 06-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

It 'was' pretty far, about 30 yards at least.

I say was because it's acting up on me. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm going to investigate.

I quickly added it to the ride last Thursday night. It was working great. He was anxious to get on and go, it was the first time he had seen it. We surprised him by hiding it in the garage and when he came in to 'help Grandpa' .. there it was!. Priceless [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Anyways, Thursday night we were running around the yard, Grandpa nearby w/ one remote and Grandma watching from farther away with another. As a test we had Grandma shut it down from at least 30 yards away. Friday morning he rode around again for a while and at one point I hit the remote (trying to get him to put it away more than anything else) and it didn't shut down. I figured it was because I had just quickly wired it up Thursday night. So I spent some time Friday afternoon securely mounting everything and wiring it up as a final install. I ran power to the remote directly from the battery and with the atv shut off, the wireless remote works fine from far away. However, once the atv is running I've got to get right on top of the receiver to get it to shut off. I moved the receiver around a bit and relocated the antenna but each time I’ve got to be right near the antenna or receiver to get it to shut off. I’m sure I’ve got some sort of RF issue going on so I’ve going to test it by powering it separately from the atv and see if I can get it to flip the relay.

The wireless is an ADP-RM01 from directron.com $14.99. The relay I’m using is a Radio Shack 275-266, about $6. I’m using the 12 volt out from the wireless to pins 85 and 86 on the relay then I connected pins 87 and 30 on the relay inline w/ the wires that go to the little ‘strap plug’ connector on the left hand side of the atv down next to the engine. With power applied to the relay pins 87 and 30 complete the circuit and the atv runs. Press the stop button on the wireless remote and it takes power away from pins 85 and 86 opening the relay and breaking the link between pins 87 and 30 and the atv shuts off. Press the go button on the wireless remote and he’s back in business.

I’ll work on it thru the week here as I get time and I’ll post results.

If you try this yourself be advised your mileage may vary. This may or may not work for you. I’m still testing and only posting my results here to share the concept.

Jim

Trending Topics

Old 07-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm considering doing the same (adding a kill switch) to my son's 50cc arctic cat (model year 2005) just as an additional safety feature... did you add to the Kazuma, did install go easy, happy with range, etc.?

Any additional info on your experience/opinion would be appreciated

Old 07-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Redcat... looks like the blog admin function elminated a link to your product/website

Please email to me directly at tpspiege@hotmail.com (I'm still considering purchasing/installing but would be helpful for me to review your details/costing)... thanks!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

lynxms17, thanks for the info, How is the remote kill working. If it works, I'll do the same thing.

ps, you're from Cambridge and have 17 in your screen name, a Kenseth fan maybe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He won the Slinger nationals for the 3rd time. Here's a link for the story (but you may already know all of this)

http://www.slingersuperspeedway.com/...06/pr0613.html

Quick Reply: Adding remote kill switch to Kazuma 50