Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kazuma 110 experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 110 experiences

Well...

Let me start by listing the couple of issues we have had with our Kazuma 110 from Raceway.

1. A few of the bolts holding the angle iron packing frame together came out. So the rear axle was scratched up a little and the plastic in one spot. No big deal.

2. A vent hose from the carb broke in half (how I have no idea) and melted on the cylinder head.

3. A screw holding the rear fender on (right above the heel guard) loosened itself off and disappeared. Which would have been a big deal but then the fender moved over and melted itself on the exhaust pipe.

4. The carb slide stuck open meaning the bike was stuck at full throttle while my son was riding it. Thank god he was in soft sand so the tires just spun until I kill switched it... He was too freaked out to do it. A few minutes before we were on the short paved road heading out to the dunes.

So that was the final straw, this thing is outta here and will be replaced by a quad with a warranty and bolts that were tightened from the factory.

Just noticed the right front tire is toed in also. Sheesh.

I didn't expect much from a quad this cheap ($900 shipped) but when it comes to safety issues like a stuck throttle I'm not willing to play around.

Also after opening up the box right above the thumb throttle, turns out the arm in there was bent and rubbing on the bottom of the box... It had worn a groove in there...

I bent back up slightly so it didn't continue scraping. Oh and the silver looking air intake tube into the carb is held on by a very loose slip fit joint. It really needs some more clamps on there. Also rerouted the throttle cable so it wasn't so tight.

Maybe an Arctic Cat 250 or a Phoenix 200 next. It's a lot more money but you get what you pay for apparently.

Dave

Old 08-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dmoell,

Sorry to hear the 110 did not work out.

I am also looking at upgrading from a Chinese quad and have narrowed it down to the LTZ250 or the TRX250. I too was looking at the DVX250. I found it to be too expensive for a quad that has not been around that long, and not only that Kymco makes the quad for Artic Cat. Kymco builds the quads to Artic Cat specs. The Phoenix 200 is just not what I was looking for, and the Kymco 250 and 300 each had some chain issues, which I would hope would be fixed by now. Not only that, the DS 250 only got so so reviews.

Here is some info on each quad.

Entry Level Sport Quad Shootout

250cc Sport Comparison

Here you can run a comparison put together for Kymco against other 250 and comparable sport quads.

Kymco 250

Good Luck.

SB.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not saying that there is nothing wrong with the quad but the most important thing is the setup. Like any of the chinese quads reliability depends on the person setting it up. I dont think you did your homework before purchasing the quad. If you did the proper setup you would not have had bolts falling off. I bought our first Yamoto 110 almost 2 yrs ago and from day one I went over everything, locktite everything and I have not had 1 problem with it. It starts every time and is driven every weekend. The Kazuma is not much different. It is no where near name brand quality but you can get some good years out of it. Not sure why the throttle stuck open..Thats a new one to me. Did you rerout the cable before or after the incident? Raceway stands behind everything they sell. If he cant help you then no one can. Glad your son is ok. These things can happen to anyone with any brand. BTW the phoenis is a very nice quad but you may be able to find something better used like a trx250.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks smb, good links.

2manytoys I expected a little hassle about the situation. There have been many, many tighten all the bolts and screws and nuts on your quad before riding it threads on here. I just don't know why the Chinese are so afraid to do it at the factory. I also am not willing to play with safety issues so no one is riding this quad from now on. Lastly the quality of parts becomes irrelevant if they aren't assembled correctly. For the person who is willing to go touch every nut and bolt on their quad and loctite stuff, go for it, buy one. But the quality of parts is also poor. Why the grooved out throttle lever arm inside the throttle assembly?

I rerouted the throttle cable after the issue. It's routing from the factory is terrible and puts way too much strain on it. Not to mention the bend it makes right above the carb putting pressure on the cable from the airbox above it.

Oh and the floorboard fender tube mounts have both broken off right below the front fender. Just snapped off. So the metal guards protecting little feet from the front tires are loose.

I never questioned Raceway's integrity or service just to be clear.

If I had tightened all the bolts a few of these issues woudn't have come up. But the carb problem and some others still would have.

Anyway the point was to share my experience as a "buyer fyi".

Old 08-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh the one suggestion I do have to Raceway is to hire someone that can work a torque wrench, break the quads out of the packing case and tighten everything down before selling it. I realize everyone on here has said: "tighten everything" but what about the people that are not on this forum? They certainly are not helped by the owner's manual (which is silly) and Raceway didn't have enclose any instructions saying to tighten everything.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

I guess I'll put my two cents in. I agree, the owners manuals to these Kazumas are so stupid it made me laugh. I think Kazuma is still looking for an editor for their company. With that said, I have a Kazuma Falcon that my 14 year old rides, and this machine has been virtually flawless. The only problem I ever had was getting the kill switch wet, which made it act wierd until I dried it out with my wife's hair dryer. As far as bolts, all of the bolts on my machine came with locknuts and I have not had one bolt come loose after 3 months hard riding. As far as John and Raceway are concerned, customer service IS his number one goal. I have called his business multiple times to ask questions about my quad and I didn't even buy it there. But I will probably start because he seems to be a dealer with integrity. He always wants to make things right by the people who come to him with problems, even people who didn't buy from him. I have a gut feeling you didn't give him much of a chance to make things right, otherwise he would have done so. Jumping off the deep end from the very beginning didn't give John a chance. Just remember, you saved at least $1000 off the bat by purchasing the Kazuma. It also sounds to me like you didn't do much of a test run on it before just throwing it into the sandbox. Just remember things come loose during shipping of all quads, not just Chinese, and dealers put them together for you and test ride them. It sounds to me like poor setup. Just my two cents, get mad if you want, but I would be willing to bet I am at least 98% right by this account.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

you are 98% right, these machines are not perfect you have todo a proper setupon them i have 3 of them and i cant complain about the 110 and 150 no real problems at all, the 250 i have had some problems but got them all fixed and all are running good, there are reasons why they are cheap, you get what you pay for but with proper set up they ar ok little machines, like its said allover these forums if you do not like to turn a wrench these machines are not for you.

hoyt

Trending Topics

Old 08-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: godIlove2ride
<snipjusttosavespace> I have a gut feeling you didn't give him much of a chance to make things right, otherwise he would have done so. Jumping off the deep end from the very beginning didn't give John a chance. Just remember, you saved at least $1000 off the bat by purchasing the Kazuma. It also sounds to me like you didn't do much of a test run on it before just throwing it into the sandbox. Just remember things come loose during shipping of all quads, not just Chinese, and dealers put them together for you and test ride them. It sounds to me like poor setup. Just my two cents, get mad if you want, but I would be willing to bet I am at least 98% right by this account.
I haven't talked to John. I'm not sure what in particular he will be able to do other than replace the quad and building a crate to send this one back to him isn't very appealing.

It sounds to me like you have had a very good experience with your Kazuma. That is awesome. However put yourself in my shoes and think how you would feel if these issues had happened to you (only a few related to bolt tightening):

The nut holding the key switch on wandered off, leaving the key switch hanging.
Both front metal tubes holding on the nerf guard thing have broken.
Throttle cable stuck in the full on position.
Throttle lever inside throttle wore a groove into the box.
Vent hose broke and melted itself on the cylinder head.
A screw holding the right rear fender wandered off and the plastic melted into the pipe.
Right front tire is toed in.
The slip fit for the carb/air intake is ridiculously loose and needs clamps.
Chain is setup such that it will cut a groove in the frame guard and eventually start cutting into the frame.
The flag mount on the rear grab bar broke off, it's very thin metal.

Blame some of that on "not tightening the bolts" it's cool.

But until you've had this many problems well... think what YOU would feel like if it had happened to you?

And again, what if you aren't on this forum? Who's job is it to tell you to tighten the bolts? I have purchased 5 other quads, why didn't I have to tighten those bolts? Because they cost more? That's silly.

I don't blame Raceway so again, not sure anyone adamantly defends them. They obviously just drop ship the quad as it was delivered from the manufacturer. If they wanted to fix a lot of issues they would crack open the packaging and take care of it. They don't have the time/money/inclination, so that's cool.

This quad has I dunno, 20 hours on it very max? And only sand with my kids on it. Never trail ridden.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

By the way Raceway ATV if there is something you want to discuss, PM me.

Considering the long list of issues I don't feel I've been particularly mean or demeaning to your company. I do wish chinese factories would wrench/design a little more throughly. But that's no reflection on you.

A lot of people on here say your customer service is great and I have no reason to question that.

This is just a buyer FYI, not a bash Raceway.

Dave

Old 08-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

what you went threw with the 110 is a 1/4 of what i went threw with the 250 its taken months to get it working, but i finally did like i said you get what you pay for i did proper set up im not complaing i got it done

good luck on your project

im sure if you call raceway there gonnna help

hoyt

Quick Reply: Kazuma 110 experiences