Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

I'd like to buy from Raceway, but there is no "qualified" shop to assemble it.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'd like to buy from Raceway, but there is no "qualified" shop to assemble it.

I'd like to buy a JetMoto 250 sport, but there is no one here that would meet Raceway's requirement for it being assembled. I maintain on all my own cars/toys etc... I work in industrial maintaince, and work on equipment far more complicated than an ATV.

I can understand if I didn't torque a wheel correctly and it fell off and destroyed the suspension not covering that, but if the engine throws a rod and all I did was mount the front calipers, and wheels how can the engine not be warranted?

My point is, I am more than able to assemble a few parts on an ATV, but if I did I would have no warranty from Raceway. I'm not ******* Raceway as I have called them twice, and they have been very friendly, and helpful in answering my questions.

What has anyone else done, just deal with having no warranty?

Old 03-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'd like to buy from Raceway, but there is no "qualified" shop to assemble it.

What are talking about?

Is it something in their written warranty that makes you think this?

If so, that's not how it works.

Most people that have bought atvs from raceway put them together themselves, I would think. They've had no problem sending parts under warranty.

Buy the 4 wheeler, put it together and enjoy. If something's defective, they'll replace the part. At least that that's their current way of doing business.

Rodney

Old 03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

00XJ,

"I'd like to buy from Raceway, but"

As opposed to what? What company would you buy your cheap quads from that is better than raceway???

Old 03-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

00XJ,

Did Raceway tell you that you couldn't assemble your own quad? I know they warranty my ATV and I assembled it myself.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rodneygt
What are talking about?

Is it something in their written warranty that makes you think this?

If so, that's not how it works.

Most people that have bought atvs from raceway put them together themselves, I would think. They've had no problem sending parts under warranty.

Buy the 4 wheeler, put it together and enjoy. If something's defective, they'll replace the part. At least that that's their current way of doing business.

Rodney
Here's what I'm talking about...

"Please allow 7-10 business days for shipping. At Raceway ATV are number one priority is riders safety. Even with very minimal assembly involved upon your delivery of your new ATV or dirt bike, Raceway ATV must advise all customers that this assembly must be conducted by a certified licensed professional. Raceway ATV and our distributors will not be held responsible in anyway or form for unlicensed assembly to any of our products. By purchasing any unit from Raceway ATV you will be in agreement to our product assembly rules and regulations. Raceway ATV's goal is to bring you quality products at an affordable price but also in a safe manor. If you have any questions about our assembly rules and regulations please email us at are contact page or call us at our toll free number 1-888-722-3288 "

That is a quote from their website when have put one in your "shopping cart".

If everyone is assembling theirs by themselves and Raceway has covered a warranty claim, well I guess it makes no sense. I'd like Raceway to chime in here and make sure WHAT their assembly rules and regulations are.

Like I said, I have no "beef" with Raceway, I have called them twice and they are very friendly. I hadn't seen their assembly rules then, so I haven't asked them about it. I haven't considered purchasing from anyone else, just wanting to make sure I understand their assembly rules/regulations correctly.

After reading it several times, are they stating they will not be responsible if a wheel falls off and I break my neck since I assembled it? If so THAT I completely understand.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Assemble it, you will get your warranty. Plain and simple. Take it fus who have shopped Raceway for a while. You won't be let down.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

Purchased my jm125 from raceway in november,and so far i only needed front tie rod ends.Called john and he sent them out from california,never asked for 1 penny.I do believe they will cover any problem.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont blame 00XJ for asking........pretty much Raceway is saying that so they can pick and choose what warrenty item they want to cover, and what they don't. I work at a Truck dealer........they do it all the time....

Old 03-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Most importantly we ask this for safety reasons. We would not want someone that is not qualified and licensed to assemble a motorized product. We would hope recommend and think that consumers get there products assembled by a professional for there own safety. Our warranty of parts have nothing to do with our safety concerns.

Kids ATV Raceway ATV

Old 03-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RacewayATV
Most importantly we ask this for safety reasons. We would not want someone that is not qualified and licensed to assemble a motorized product. We would hope recommend and think that consumers get there products assembled by a professional for there own safety. Our warranty of parts have nothing to do with our safety concerns.

Kids ATV Raceway ATV
Thanks for your response. I understand your concern simply because you don't want anyone to get injured. I also know almost everyone is sue crazy nowadays too. I NEVER would hold anyone responsible for MY actions.

Again, thanks for the explanation. You will be receiving an order from me in the near future.

Quick Reply: I'd like to buy from Raceway, but there is no "qualified" shop to assemble it.