Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto 250 Sport Tech Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 250 Sport Tech Questions

Just alittle FYI.

If your 250 Sport headlights burn out like mine did, no need to order them from JetMoto. Bulbs can be bought at NAPA. Part#HM201. They are 30w bulbs, the stock one's are 20w bulbs. Exact fit but....they ain't cheap, $8.69 apiece.

I plan on changing the oil in mine about every 10 hours. There isn't much oil in these engines, and IMO it needs to be changed often. Keep in mind I'm REALLY **** about maintaince on vehicles, so I might be changing it way more often than it needs to be. But I have NEVER had any engine fail in any vehicle I've ever owned.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

I'm cool with oil changes. How much do you think it holds? I bought like 9 quarts of 20w50 valvoline ATV oil from advance, and now it looks like we are only going to have 2 quads instead of 3 (long story.)

Anyway, Anyone know the size and style of carb, and the jets (stock and raceway-supplied?)

I'm wondering if I can go bigger or if I need to change the carb when I start looking at exhaust/intake work.

What type of motor is it? I'm hoping to look up a crossreference for the coil/ignition.

Someone mentioned a twist grip throttle from jcwhitney.com, and it's $20+s&h, so I'll probably do that as well.

Anyone know if Raceway has the billet wheels for this guy? I see the smaller ones on the website, but not the ones for the 07. I'm wondering about the handlebars too. I'm not sure if the upgrade handlebars are any bigger (undesirable.) Also, I am thinking about getting those hand protectors that mount on the handlebar. They look cool =)

-JNY

Old 04-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pimpsmurf
I'm cool with oil changes. How much do you think it holds? I bought like 9 quarts of 20w50 valvoline ATV oil from advance, and now it looks like we are only going to have 2 quads instead of 3 (long story.)

Anyway, Anyone know the size and style of carb, and the jets (stock and raceway-supplied?)

I'm wondering if I can go bigger or if I need to change the carb when I start looking at exhaust/intake work.

What type of motor is it? I'm hoping to look up a crossreference for the coil/ignition.

Someone mentioned a twist grip throttle from jcwhitney.com, and it's $20+s&h, so I'll probably do that as well.

Anyone know if Raceway has the billet wheels for this guy? I see the smaller ones on the website, but not the ones for the 07. I'm wondering about the handlebars too. I'm not sure if the upgrade handlebars are any bigger (undesirable.) Also, I am thinking about getting those hand protectors that mount on the handlebar. They look cool =)

-JNY
It holds about 1.5 quarts. The carb appears to be a Mikuni (sp) clone. It is a 30mm carb I believe. I've heard the motor is a Yamaha design, not sure about that though. I don't know anything about wheels other than the one's JetMoto sells. IMO the handlebars are fine the way they are.

Now for my newest info. If the steering begins to seem "loose" check the bolt/nut on the bottom of the steering stem. The Chinese don't seem to understand that the hole for the cotterpin HASto be located so it will be in the slots in the castlenut. The nut on mine backed off, and the fix was to stack washers on the stud to allow the cotterpin hole to be in the slot in the nut. Took care of the problem.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

I've heard the motor is a Yamaha design, not sure about that though.
I've heard early 80s said around here, but a crossreference on the spark plug is odd. Was this a yamaha scooter motor?
NGK Application list for d8ea

I don't know anything about wheels other than the one's JetMoto sells.
The 07 Jetmoto wheels are 10x7 and 11x9. The Jetmoto upgrade wheels are 10x5 & 10x8. They require new, smaller tires. Depending on many things, smaller tires in the rear would be benificial. bigger tires are an "expensive" way to change gear ratios. In that, rotating mass reduces horse power exponentially. Smaller tires with a higher (numerically lower) gear ratio would provide more torque and top speed (because sprokets are light compared to the tire, even when considered in double rotating mass terms.) Disclaimer: I don't have mine yet, so I don't even know if smaller tires are a real option. It depends on factors such as: ground clearance, traction, suspension, expected terrain, and many others. Either way, keeping the same height, if needed, and reducing the width would reduce rotating mass and free up horsepower. I'm not going to be racing or anything like that, and I'm mostly going to be in sandy dirt which shouldn't bog down. I could probably get away with 2 inches shorter AND thinner rear tires with spacers on the rear without issue, but big bumps would become a more of an issue. *shrug* I just wish it was here already. Looking forward to it!

-JNY