Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

buying a quad

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying a quad

Hi,looking to buy a quad for my son. Have looked at a bunch of models an was wandering if any one here has had any dealings with or know anything of the Hi Bird 150, it is inexspensive but is it a good 4 wheeler for the money. $950. It's for a new rider with very little experience. thanx in advance.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default buying a quad

I've read some good reviews of the HiBird 250, but never read anything about the 150. Hi bird isn't going to be Jetmoto quality, but it is decent. How old, tall, heavy, and responsible is your kid? That is the most important question.

-JNY

Old 06-16-2007, 04:07 AM
Range Rover
Default buying a quad

They are decent quads for the money.. Your son will be happy with one...

Old 06-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default buying a quad

Read this thread, it's about as thorough a report from an actual user as you find anywhere....
http://forums.atvconnection.co...tid=10&threadid=514256

Old 06-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default buying a quad

Hi all, Thanks to all who replied, I think we're going to order it today. They told me Friday it would be at my door in 3-4 days and tail gaited. Excellent read, NotSoYoungAnymore. It was informative as well as amusing and had the bonus illustrations, lol. Hope all runs true for 150 for us,as it did for the 200 for him. My son is 12, @47" tall, 80# soak-n-wet and has made good prior decesions on things, so I feel he'll use good common sense in the operation of it. Oh and did I mention he maintains the B honor roll at school. Had to throw that in there. I know the grade average has nothing to do with this site, the purchasing or operation of a 4 wheeler, but I'm pretty proud of my son, and don't mind telling anyone. Thanks again to all who have replied, you have helped alot. Have a great day!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default buying a quad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: critter1

Hi all, Thanks to all who replied, I think we're going to order it today. They told me Friday it would be at my door in 3-4 days and tail gaited. Excellent read, NotSoYoungAnymore. It was informative as well as amusing and had the bonus illustrations, lol. Hope all runs true for 150 for us,as it did for the 200 for him. My son is 12, @47" tall, 80# soak-n-wet and has made good prior decesions on things, so I feel he'll use good common sense in the operation of it. Oh and did I mention he maintains the B honor roll at school. Had to throw that in there. I know the grade average has nothing to do with this site, the purchasing or operation of a 4 wheeler, but I'm pretty proud of my son, and don't mind telling anyone. Thanks again to all who have replied, you have helped alot. Have a great day!!!</end quote></div>

He should fit well on that quad, but it's still going to be pretty heavy for him to handle. Make sure to get him geared up with helmet & boots and that he rides with a jersey and pants if he is going to be in the woods. Grats on the grades =)

If you can afford a chest protector, kneepads/shinguards , and elbowpads/shinguards even better, but a helmet, boots and gloves are number one.

-JNY

Old 06-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default buying a quad

hey thanks ..pimpsmurf..we're set to go, only things neede is the chest protector and shin guardshas the other items from prior riding with family freinds. Oh and I ordred the 150 cc this morning, exspect delivery on Wed., pretty quick ship from OK. to PA. and was cheap enough too! $925 to the door. Hope I have the the luck that Xavier had. Thanks for your concerns, any input is greatly app. , you never know what one can overlook. Thanks

Old 06-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default buying a quad

hi bird is a chinese brand, with good in quality and sevice. many users have enjoyed funs and pleasure from steering it. of course, like hi bird, most of bikes imported from china are good choices for recreation lovers, especially for newbies.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default buying a quad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sunlbright

hi bird is a chinese brand, with good in quality and sevice. many users have enjoyed funs and pleasure from steering it. of course, like hi bird, most of bikes imported from china are good choices for recreation lovers, especially for newbies.</end quote></div>

Wow... do you ride for the factory team?

-JNY

Old 06-17-2007, 01:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default buying a quad

which factory? sunl or hi-bird?

the fact is i own a sunl atv, so far so good.