Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto hard to start? Look into this.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto hard to start? Look into this.

My 250 Sport had become hard to start, and wasn't running as good as it had been. I discovered this AFTER I completely filled the tank with gas.[img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img] Had to drain the tank back out.

I thought the gas line had split because it was leaking gas. Turns out it was not the line it was the filter. I replaced the filter, and the starting/preformance issues went away, it runs as good as ever. Apparently something came loose inside the filter and was blocking fuel flow. I know it wasn't plugged up with gunk.

Just a little FYI if you're having any starting/preformance issues.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

i noticed the filters used on the china quads are crap also i also replaced all of them with briggs and stratton small engine filters and all have worked excelent fo a year and a half.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Little off topic... Not a bowhunter are 'ya?

Old 09-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

I also had trouble with my 250 sport and my 2005 250 hunter. They would start ok but stall after 5 minutes of riding and not restart. Let it set for 5 minutes and would run again. I replaced fuel filters with K and K filters and bypassed the fuel shut off and they ran great. Take off the fuel shut off valve and on mine the hole was not drilled right to line up with the fuel line when it was turned on. I took both of mine and turned them to where the fuel was on and ran a drill bit through the valve. Now the work great!

Old 09-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: komatzu

I also had trouble with my 250 sport and my 2005 250 hunter. They would start ok but stall after 5 minutes of riding and not restart. Let it set for 5 minutes and would run again. I replaced fuel filters with K and K filters and bypassed the fuel shut off and they ran great. Take off the fuel shut off valve and on mine the hole was not drilled right to line up with the fuel line when it was turned on. I took both of mine and turned them to where the fuel was on and ran a drill bit through the valve. Now the work great!</end quote></div>

I noticed some of what your saying about the shutoff valve. The "hole" is not very big even compared to the ID of the fuel line. I hadn't thought about opening the hole though. Hummm...

Old 09-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

Mine were so small you couldnt get a piece of wire through them. Just run a bit through about 1 size smaller than the valve and they will work great.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Pro Rider

I also had to replace my filters, one of the 250's started leaking!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider

i replaced my filters gecause the fuel has been crap latley they are at 20 % ethanal and going to 20% (so iv been told.... when i put the new filter onn and put the fuel back in i had to drain some of the fuel because there was so much rust in it in the beginning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]......(p.s, theyu had the origanal filter on upside down.... i think)

Old 09-04-2007, 06:10 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

My stock spark plugs lasted longer then the fuel line and filter. Some of the stock filter's are hard to blow thru.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

oh yeah, 2 more weeks till season starts.

Quick Reply: Jetmoto hard to start? Look into this.