Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

soj

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soj

help save my jet im riding tomaro at 11 an it needs to be wipped into shape and my starters not working and the battery is good but no start.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need help...... i can just pop start it...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default soj

OK so lets figure it out, So when you push the Button on the handle bar nothing happens (no sound at all)? On my blue 250 the safety switch that prevents it from starting if the clutch lever is not pulled in went bad but it would still start in Neutral so try that, put it in Neutral then try to start it!
How do you know the battery is bad? Try Jumping it with another battery or battery charger just to make sure it's not the battery. A car battery will work, just hook it up Positive to Positive and Neg. to Neg.
I know there is a Fuse located near the battery (viewable fro the rear) not sure what dies if that blows but check that and I think they even gave us a back up fuse in the fuse case.
After this then reply and let us know what it's doing!

Old 11-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default soj

well im going this morning butn to answer the question yes the battery works i used a tester and i THINK that the fuse is still good.......... but will cheack..... and what is whe wire down by the shifter with the plastric thing on the end.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default soj

What tester did you use? I have seen batteries look good on a load test that still was bad, and a Volt test means pretty much nothing on a battery. Jump it with a good car battery to make to make sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And did you try starting it in Neutral?
The wires you speak of I believe are the wires for the Magneto that sits under that side cover! You still need to give more info as to what is happening when you press the button, does your Neutral indicator light dim or stay brightly lit? Is there any sound at all from anything? A click? There is a solenoid under the rear left (I Believe) Fender that could be the problem also. Check the wires to it, it can also be jumped (bypassed) to get the starter to turn. If it does turn the starter by bypassing it then the solenoid may be bad. You got to give more of a description as to what is going on if you expect help!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default soj

i used a tester and even if i jump it nothing happens when its in nutral key is on and kill switch is on and i hit the starter nothing happens...... and the battery is at 12 volts

im gunna to bypass it that when my freind and his dad come before we set out

Old 11-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default soj

So did you figure out the problem?

Old 11-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default soj

no.... we just towed it or i parked on top of a hill.......

Old 11-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default soj

read your mail jetmotoracer