Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical problem

i bought a jetmoto 125 atvv looks great,had it running after i put it together in my bsmnt,in order to get it out had to put atv on rear tires and walked out the door.trouble starting it,got it started and died shortly after,battery died tring to start it,charged battery over night put it togeter xmas moring , turned key on and their is noting totaly dead but batt. charger says batt is full, dont know what to do,is their a fuse somewhere,is their a braeker somewhere,need some info bike came with nothing except a parts man and owners man which tells me nothing
found the fuses and it was blown changed fuse and put ign. switch on the other fuse blown have a short somewhere or some electrical part blew any w/ sugg. before i call raceway

Old 12-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

did you hook up battery backwards? use right size fuses? battery terminals tight? just a idea, post this on the kids and other quad forum it gets more hits. someone might of had a similar problem

hoyt

Old 12-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

hoyt, did all that thanks for the imp

thanks joe

Old 12-26-2007, 11:53 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: joepesh67

found the fuses and it was blown changed fuse and put ign. switch on the other fuse blown have a short somewhere or some electrical part blew any w/ sugg. before i call raceway</end quote></div>

Hmmmmm....Im guessing you flooded it when you stood it up...... But Im not sure why the starter wont turn now. I would check all the wires to see if one has a cut or slice in it which is causing the ground.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

hopefully you didnt burn the starter up trying to start it. did you crank it for long periods of time? try tapping the starter with a hammer when you try tyo start it.(not to hard) im wondering if the solenoid locked up. other thing to try is to take the wire off the starter and turn ignition on. does it still blow the fuse? if not the problem is in the staerter.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

caaled john at raceway,problem was spark plug wire melted on exhaust pipe causing a short blowing fuses,problem not starting after first problem fixed was adjusting carb,in and out with adjustment screws draing overflow bowl,bottom line john walked me thru step by step. end of this problem

thanks john