Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Outofline whats the verdict on the 150's

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outofline whats the verdict on the 150's

I've read your posts when you got them last summer and watched some of the videos you posted.

I've been away from the site for a while and was wondering how the 150's have stood up the past year? Whats the weak spots on them and are they changing anything for the 2008's??? If you were to do it again would you go with the Jetmoto 150's??

I'm kinda "gun shy" about buying another China atv again. I bought 2 quads and little motor bike back about 3 years ago. The Ducar 110 that was suppost to be the "good" one because I paid alot for it has been a pain in the *ss as I'm always fixing it!!! The "cheap" ones a baja 90 quad and 50 motor bike have been pretty good. The quad amazingly has been almost trouble free since we bought it.....so far.

Anyway I like the looks of them 2007 Jetmoto 150's but I figured I'd wait a year or so to see how they stand up.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Hi, good to see ya back!
OK, my true assessment of the 07 150 as I have 2 of them and have ran them pretty hard through the summer over many types of terrain most being pretty rough. Over all they have been fun and great quads for my newbie to ATV's family from my 8, 10, 13 year old, Wife (4 "Undisclosed age for fear of losing my ATV privileges" 0) to me at over 45 and 230+lbs.

The Motors have been work horses and have not given any mechanical problems.

Front end Tie Rod Ends sloppy but are holding up. Have had several rubber boots on ends and ball joints rip.

I believe all my Brake pads are in need of replacement but have not had any failures Brake wise.

I do have one 150 transmission that pops out of Drive every so often but have not really dug into what is causing it yet. The Auto clutch has been trouble free and has always been smooth in the operation.

Had to increase the Turning radius as it was horrible from the factory.

The Batteries on the 150's are Junk now (Funny the 250's are still going strong) and only lasted (held a charge) longer then two days from the 2nd month.

Have lost several body bolts and the Gas tank bolts (should have loctited my bad)

Have had to replace Fuel filters

Have had a stupid rattle (on both) that for the life of me cannot find! (Almost from day one)

Now my biggest complaint is the pretty blue 150 is now turning Purple and the bright red is turning a bit reddish orange due to UV exposure because of the cheap plastic coloring.

Each time we go out riding I have to spend a couple hours going over the quads and tightening and fixing all the stupid little things but we have had a lot of fun on them and sure look forward to another fun summer.
Am I pleased with my purchase, ya I think so. I don't think the big 4 has a quad that is a versatile as this 150 and it's what we could afford. I don't know if there is better 150's out now and I hope Jet has learned from all of us this year and will correct some things and possibly make the 08's even better. Although I don't get the impression Jet is listening to us!

Old 01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hey all,

I'll throw in a comment or two about the Jetmoto 150. I got one from the August 07 batch, same frame as 200 and 250. The battery in this one has been great, no problems, holds a charge great and will crank a long time if needed.

Overall, the 150 has been just super. I was a bit concerned about the automatic but it has performed very well. The only thing was a minor problem as outofline mentioned but all it took was a small adjustment of the shifter linkage.

Same comments about loose bolts and various rattles. Locktite is mandatory and I should have just taken the time to take the bike apart as much as possible and locktitie it all. Instead, I locktited the bolts as they came loose which worked fine except for a few that disappeared before mew getting to them.

My boy is 12 and about 100 lbs and it is perfect for him, especially the automatic. It does an amazing job of applying the power to the wheels in the smoothest manner and maintains the engine rpm in the power band.

Shocks are holding up very well and have a very smooth damping action, far superior to the others I had checked out. The springs and shocks are tuned together very nicely.

The gas tank bolts got loose a couple times but I think they are going to stay put this time. The front sprocket plate comes loose several times but I finally hope to have locked it down this time by adding a lock washer, extra locktite and a extra push on the wrench.

The chain took several adjustments but finally seems good at it latest adjustment.

Body plastic seems fine so far but we keep them garaged and they see sun only during transport and riding. The plastic does get scratched up but maybe that is normal for all such material.

It is not completely free of all squeaks but getting very close.

Again, this has been a very very good buy and we are having the greatest time with it.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

I keep thinking I got the gas tank bolts this time also but find they come lose again. The front one is a bugger to get to also! Also the castle bolts on the front suspension continue to come lose and they are also cotter pinned but still come lose and cause the front end to be even more sloppy.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:40 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info guys!

I finnally had some time so I spent a better part of a day getting my boy's 110 ATV up and running again.

One of its many problems is the engine rattles out of the frame due to the mickey mouse frame ears that the engine is bolted to. I replaced the bolts with grade 8 last year and welded up the ears with the mig as they were slopped out.....but that didn't help. So yesterday I got busy and bolted a 1/4" by 4" wide plate to the bottom of the engine and welded the plate to the frame. We had it out today and all is well.

I also checked the front wheel bearings and the one side was dried out as water got in there. This thing is a shaft drive so I checked the rear diff oil and sure enough there was some bits of gear teeth in the oil.....so who knows how long thats going to last.

Outofline I'd recomend you check the front wheel bearings on your quads before you take them out next spring. If you go through much water odds are the wheel bearings are dried out. Happens to my old Honda 250 too after a trip to the mountains going through rivers!! They are easy to change and you can just take a sample to your local bearing store and they'll have them. That's what I did and they were only a few bucks.

I'm glad to hear the 150's have been working out for you. They sure are sharp looking quads.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a newer quad myself ( 400cc 4x4) and getting some thing better for the boys to ride when we go out trail riding. Just not sure which way I want to go yet.

The 90 and 110 are fine for around the farm on our land but in the moutains and the mud & water I think they'd have troubles not to mention the dependablity issues of the 110 unit. I guess I have to take one of these Jetmoto 150's out for a spin and look it over in person. Now that I've owned a couple chinese quads I know more now what to look for on them. Next time I'm going to check every little thing on the darn things!

HOw are the rear swing arms holding up? Are they slopped out where they pivot on the frame??? Or does the Jemoto's acutally have a bearing in there?

What about the front suspension, control arms, the rubber in the shock mounts etc? I know stuff wears out heck I've replaced lots of stuff on my old honda over the years. But I don't think a person should have to rebuild every thing that "pivots" on these quads after a 100hrs of riding with the family.

How about your rear whell hubs? Are they slopped out on the axel or do they fit snug still? My Ducar 110's hubs didn't fit tight from new and are now sloppy and will need replacing. My 90 (made in a different factory) quad's hubs have ZERO play and still fit tight. Must be a different design or something.

I've said it many times the engines in most of the these chinese quads seem to be good its just all the frame hardware and stuff that is faulty. I'm sure 99% of the common problems they have would only cost $50-$100 at the factory to upgrade per unit.

later

Old 01-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

Totally agree, they could easily upgrade certain parts and make a better quad. This next spring I plan on spending many hours tearing them down and greasing and repairing everything I can. I may have a different opinion about these after that also! We will see!