Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Thinking about a Vbike Atv

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a Vbike Atv

Orion6,Congrats on your new ride.I can allmost bet you will be very suprised at the quality of that machine for the price.and I see you orderd the fastest color.
Yes,please keep us posted with your comments and evaluations...if you have any questions there are plenty of us that would be glad to help.....

Old 01-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Trailblazer

I'd like to read you evaluations, too. Keep Us Posted. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Trailblazer

Will do.

1) What oil are you guys using? I just want an all-around good oil. 10W30 ok?

2) What is a recommended break-in period for the motor?

3) Does anyone happen to know if this is a clone of a specific quad? I'd like to mount a rear rack.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer

Orion6,hi, this is a previous post i did. I would loctite ALL nuts/bolts. Don't over/under torque. I ran mine at idle for 30 minutes 1st oil change. Ran 1 hour no more than 1/4 throttle 2nd oil change. Next 4 hours no more than 1/2 throttle then oil change. Next 8 hours no more than 3/4 throttle then oil change. now every 10 to 20 hours avoiding full throttle for 20 hours. I use Rotella 15w40. if you run mainly cold weather 20s 30s you can try Rotella 5w40 syn. turns over easier. Use 30 1/2 oz. oil. I change using the 24mm side drain and clean the filter screen every time.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer

First Oil change I used 10w40, Now I am considering 5w20 because it seems turning over is kinda tough in this cold weather (10-30degreesF)

Old 07-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hi nuffer, I also own a V4S and it has proved to be a great ATV. When I first put it together I also had electrical problems. I called Tim at Vbike and he told me to check the terminal pins in the rear tail light connector for being bent inside the connector. Sure enough they were.

After bending them straight and carefully plugging it back in my electrical issues went away. Check every connector for bent pins. Try calling Tim again, in the past he has given outstanding customer service to me and many others. I'm sure he will help you out. hope this helps.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

Good News the Bike is running! I spoke with Tim last night and we went wire by wire. Note we had the headlights and tail lights disconnected.

Well after an hour or riding it in the yard we hooked up the tail light - Brake light worked fine, but as soon as I turned on the light switch - POW - went the fuse. I disconnected the tail light and turned on the light switch without any lights hooked up - POW - went the fuse. My guess is is there is 1 wire from that switch that is plugged into the wron wire. I'll call Tim again tonight.

Myu son really likes it and I jumped on it and it seems like a nice unit, as long as I get the electrical squared away.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thinking about a Vbike Atv"></title><script src=

I have purchased a vbike v4s 250. Everything is great on the bike. Only problem I am having is getting wheel stud bolts for the front. They are 8mm and splined. Tim can get me the whole hub assembly, but I only need the bolts. Any suggestions?

Old 12-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thinking about a Vbike Atv"></title><script src=

Hello I have saved up about 1500$ and am buying a quad and was wondering if a old yamaha blaster (99') or this new chinese atv would be good. I intend on jumping and trail riding and was wondering if this would be good for my needs thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Thinking about a Vbike Atv