Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Vbike 250 v4s

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vbike 250 v4s

hi guys i have been a "steath" member for about 4 weeks now and have been reading all the posts about vbikes.well today was the day my bike turned up and i must say i am impressed with the bike for the money i paid.the crate wasnt damaged like i have read a few posts about and the R+L carriers driver was early and bang on time.everything worked fine,all the lights work and its got a nice deep tone to the engine,i have a few questions to anyone thats built/has one...

1.i have two plates left over and i cant for the life of me figure out where they go,they are half round in shapes and have two holes in and are crome and came with the 2 of them rapped together and nothing else with them(if i could add to pics in profile i would)

2. and the 2nd question i have is i have a funny kinda rattle once its driving "in gear" (sounds like a very thin tin plate rattling about against somthing)i suppose its hard to discribe something if others havent herd it

only put just under 1 hr on it so far,changed the engine oil like you all said and am now on the 1/3 throttle stage now,gonna take it to holly family track tomorrow as i have the day off and continue to run it in.btw i also blue loctited eveything i saw as was surgested.thanks guys lets hope i can add some good pics tomorrow.

ah one other thing,whats the upload pic size limit as i am using 76kb and its "to big"??? please help someone

Old 03-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike 250 v4s

Hello and welcome split196.Glad to hear from another happy vbike owner.I belive if you have the new model you have brush guards on you handle bars it may be the decerative chrome peices that attach to those.
As for the rattle I would check your heatshield on your exaust just a guess.They do have a nice little rumble to them don't they.I just got minre out today and fired her up.Here is a pic of my handle bars of my bike bars just guessing this may be the plates your talking about.

Name:  P1011171.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  105.3 KB

Old 03-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike 250 v4s

Hi split196, welcome. I think Kczukiman is on track with chrome thingys you have as I don't recall them when putting my 07 together. I also agree that maybe your heat shield is the source of the rattle.

I get to put an 08 V4S together this Saturday for my brother-inlaw. I will look for those pieces you mentioned.

I'm not sure on the picture sizes but I usually have to upload my photos to Snapfish, my online photo processor, and save them back on my computer as a smaller file size from Snapfish.

Nice pic Kman.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Range Rover
Default Vbike 250 v4s

ah thats it....nice job.mine are crome.i spoke to tim and he told me to hang on 2 weeks so he could ship me the 2008 model with the hand guards.....to be honest i left them off as i dont like the look of the hand guards on anybike not just the vbike...just not my thing,i did check the heat sheld on mine and it has the factory "checked" marks to show its not undone as the white "dabs" on the screw heads havent moved....could double check but it was as i was riding that i was hunting for the sound like you do....half hanging off to locate it lol.its funny....a few of my friends,one has a 6 wheel polaris,other suzuki 400,said no way dont bother they look cheap because they are cheap....well its strange how they gathered round as i was building it in my drive today and said..."oh dont look like i thought..."yeah its cheap...some screw threads are a little badly finished and one of the exhaust brackets doesnt line up and you have to loctite everything but as i kept saying to myself its a $1200 bike....little tip people if you book it online its $1250....call him and he does it for $1200.

In my opinion i would rate the bike 8/10 at the moment as i have only had the engine idling for 30 mins for the gel pack and about 20 mins of riding when i think about it so i have just less than 1 hr on it so as you can imagie i havent gone past 30% throttle but as i said before it sounds nice but the down sides i have seen are 1. finish to fittings (nutts bolts etc etc)
2.seat is rock hard on mine (anyone else have this problem)
3.front shocks are as stiff as iron($1200 bike though lol)

anyway thanks for getting back so quick......pictures are now posted in my profile.yeah and when you build your borther in laws this weekend the parts that are crome for the bar ends are rapped in white packing foam type paper and togther in a pair(about 2"x2").good luck and i think a few extra nuts and bolts may need to be brought....just incase as i need to replace 4 in mine.good luck and have fun.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike 250 v4s

split196,
Good to hear so far so good.You got the fastest color too.Here is an interesting artical I got from another site.You may find it helpful during brake in.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Hey colorado,keep us posted on your brotherinlaws bike.Hey is he going to join the forum?The more info the better.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike 250 v4s

Nice pictures split196. Thanks for the tip on the bar end pieces.

When you think about the fit and finish of the ATV just remember the guys who own the name brands didn't put theirs together. They didn't see the minor imperfections when assembling from the crate, I bet the dealerships did though.

When the ATV is all prepped and has all the fasteners checked and loctited, I think we have a real quality ATV.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike 250 v4s

Hi Kman, my brother-inlaw dosn't have a computer, lol. On the other hand I will take pics of his ATV and post them. I will let you guys know his impressions of it. He has already rode my ATV so he could decide on the purchase. Obviously he liked it because he bought one. He liked the feel and look of mine.

Wish I could have kicked the tires before buying like my brother-inlaw did with mine, but hey thanks to all the reviews, including yours, the gamble payed off.

Man, Tim at Vbike will like me, so far I've mentioned the Vbikes at work and one guy there has bought a 110 from him, and now couple of guys are considering a 250 V4S.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike 250 v4s

Nice colorado,Thats what its all about.Someone taking the plung and having an awsome site like this to help others with their good as well as bad fortunes.
The nice thing about he vbike is that it speaks for itself.There have been several in the past few months that have purchased them and I have seen no negative posts so far.There have been some assembly problems and frieght damage but no dissatisfied owners.
I can't wait till riding season and get some ride reports.There should be a lot of them.

Hey split196,great pics.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vbike 250 v4s

It's the first day of Spring and almost 70 degrees here in Colorado. I can hardly wait to get these Atvs in the mountains.

I two will be looking forward to all the feedbacks on the Vbikes.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Range Rover
Default Vbike 250 v4s

well i took it out today....didnt make it to holly track as planed but i did get to my friends 20 acre piece of land and boy did i have a laugh,well i did have a few problems......first off i pulled a kczukiman kinda move.....yes i left the gas turned off.and second i looked down and one of the front shocks was coming undone.....saw it in time though and yes i did put plenty of blue loctite on it so i am baffled to how it came loose,and the third thing i found out was after about 20 mins my throttle thumb was killing me as the throttle lever seems to far forward to me,needs to be moved but not sure if its possible though,and the forth thing i found thats isnt really a problem but did shock me........how muddy i got from 1 hrs BLASTING about,yes i followed that advise about the running in and i gave it some "welly"(english term lol means a right handful of gas)....well i have taken a few pics of the result of today and must say had a good time.pics posted.

Quick Reply: Vbike 250 v4s