Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

help with rear axle leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with rear axle leak

Need some help with my son's 150cc coolster atv if anyone here is familiar with that brand. I would assume that there would not be all that much difference in it and most of the chinese made atv's. I keep adding 90 wt oil to the rear end and oil keeps slowly leaking out down the left side (looking at from the rear) of the axle and coming out at the inside and outside of wheel. I took the wheel off and there is a hollow cylinder about 8 or 10 inches long that slides over the axle and pushes into a little ring and this pushes into the bearing. I assume there should be some sort of seal there but without an illustration or photo i don't know. I took the right wheel off to see how it is put together but i cannot get the cylinder off and i don't want to force it off and mess it up and get it to leaking. If anyone here has any idea or could share an illustration or point me to a place where there is a break down on the parts i would greatly appreciate it. ....thanks

Old 04-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Old 04-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

it does look like that...thanks

Old 05-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer

so does anyone know how big of a job it is and what exactly is involved in stopping this oil leak.....thanks

Old 05-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Did your quad come with a parts book of some sort?? That would show a blow up of the parts in the rear axle. If you had this you could see what all is involved. From the picture it doesn't look too bad.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give this a try.
PartsProUSA Chinese Scooter ATV Parts & Accessories
I checked it out real quick, didnt spent much time there. However they did have diagrams of assembly, also advertise over 30,000 parts for chinese bikes. Good Luck!!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
Give this a try.
PartsProUSA Chinese Scooter ATV Parts & Accessories
I checked it out real quick, didnt spent much time there. However they did have diagrams of assembly, also advertise over 30,000 parts for chinese bikes. Good Luck!!
Hey that website is pretty neat they sure have alot of stuff on there and nice pictures.

PartsProUSA Scooter & ATV Parts | REAR AXLE

In this one you can see the axle well, looks like on the right side there is a seal, is it the same on the left? IF so maybe you need a new seal. I'm sure if you take the seal to a Bearing/seal time place they could match you one up.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer

hey thanks for all the replies guys and the link. Ive been trying to find some site like this but had not been able to ....thanks again

Old 05-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by oren213
hey thanks for all the replies guys and the link. Ive been trying to find some site like this but had not been able to ....thanks again
You need to find a site like this ATV & Motocross - Hard to Find Parts with Schematics that have the parts
scematics to look over. Unfortunately this site does not have quads with that axle anymore.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:42 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is another place that might have parts if u need them.
Coolster ATVs Parts

Quick Reply: help with rear axle leak