Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

What happened to Raceway?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I needed a brake lever for my TaoTao Atv a few weeks ago and remembered 'Chinese Atv Parts' (Chinese ATV Parts, Kazuma ATV Parts, Sunl ATV Parts, Roketa ATV Parts, BMX ATV Parts!) who just happen to be owned and opperated by Raceway if I'm not mistaken.

I ordered the part and received it promptly in the mail. The receipt said Raceway.

They seem to be still opperating to some degree.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have had the 1986 LT50 for about 9 years. Both of my boys have ridden it with a minor lull as the older one became too big and until the younger was big enough. I have done very little to the mini Suzuki (and it was barely maintained when we received it). Changing fluids, re-aligning the rear axle, replace the pull cord, and removing the carb for cleaning as it has sometimes sat with old gas in it for months. But it is a b#$ch to start when cold.
Recently my younger one had been riding an Eton 90, while it is clearly not a quality match that the LT50 was, he still has an ear to ear grin while riding. That alone is worth more than the dollars! Yes, the Eton needs a little more TLC, I have replaced the broken wire lugs to the battery, replaced the stripped bolts on the handle bars with some better grade of bolts (homedepot/lowes, $6). Yesterday I went to the local big name dealership to look at what was available. Can Am, Kawasaki, Polaris - all 90cc. The best price was $2300 with $150 setup and $190 freight. No thanks! I left a message for Jim at KidsAtv. He call me back from California. He was picking up new Diamondback 125cc machines (along with other models). While I will not be able to get one before 4th of July, I will certainly get one just after that. Price is about $850, delivered. So I could buy three 125cc machines for the cost of one of the big name 90cc. Do you think my son will be happier with the Japanese bike over the Chinese? His only concern is that it is RED! Will I need to spend more time on it? Sure. But with a little work, I'm sure he will be able to ride it for a few years.
After several years on the LT50, my older son (13) has slowly moved up on machines, 250 kawi, 300 yamaha, 450 honda, and is now riding a 660 grizzly. Now, we are not riding deep mud trails, or technically difficult obsticles, but mostly logging roads through 5000 acres in the Adirondaks. I am very comfortable with him riding the larger machines. Helmet and eye protection before the key is ever turned. Teach your kids right and they will accomplish much.
Sorry for rambling semi-off topic, loosing any dealers in the ATV industry will make it harder and harder for kids to enjoy the outdoors. Too many are already video junkies, atvs go a long way in having fun and getting outside.

Regards,
PJinNJ

Old 06-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

"do you think my son will be happier with a japenese quad over a chinese one"?

he might or he might not! depends if the chinese one keeps running and how fast you can get it running. the kids ones are usually easier to maintain they dont get beat as bad like i said mine were pretty trouble free and all 3 are still running 3 years later but they have easy lifes, if i was to let my 13 year old run that 150 redcat like his honda he would destroy it.

I have become more into spending a little more for quality and having good service when needed and china stuff isnt there yet for the adults.

just my opinion

Old 06-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

The smaller sizes just starting out I'd say no. Once you get up to the larger 250cc and up the differances are more noticable. I recently picked up a used 2005 Honda 250sx for my older kid. Over say buying a new Jetmoto 250 (for the same money) or even a used jetmoto for a lot less. Personally I would have got the used 250 Jetmoto at a steal of a deal (for how much it would get used) but the kids wanted a honda and I got lucky and found a used one at a really good price.

Jetmoto and some others have some pretty decent packaged up youth atvs in the 90cc to 150cc range. We have a 2007 150 jetmoto and it's a hell of a quad for the money. Yes it has a few issues I'd like to see better on it but over all its been very good to us so far. It's been the best chinese atv I've bought over the years.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Coloradotrailrider
I needed a brake lever for my TaoTao Atv a few weeks ago and remembered 'Chinese Atv Parts' (Chinese ATV Parts, Kazuma ATV Parts, Sunl ATV Parts, Roketa ATV Parts, BMX ATV Parts!) who just happen to be owned and opperated by Raceway if I'm not mistaken.

I ordered the part and received it promptly in the mail. The receipt said Raceway.

They seem to be still opperating to some degree.

for such a big site they really dont have very many parts in stock

Old 06-22-2009, 07:02 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

hoytultratec.....

This section is here so that people who buy Chinese ATV can have a place to talk about them...

Its not so people will know where to go to ridicule the people who bought one.

If you dont have anything nice to say....Please dont post..

For the record I will agree that NO ONE from China has made a ATV that will hold up to a adult rider that is past the beginner level..

Old 06-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by hoytultratec
for such a big site they really dont have very many parts in stock
So these guys must have been in charge of the parts department at my local Dodge dealer.

Seems like the last few parts I ordered for my Polaris, the dealer I've been going to for 8 years had to order parts. Last item was a jet for a carb. Not like that's gonna take up a lot of shelf space for them.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
hoytultratec.....

This section is here so that people who buy Chinese ATV can have a place to talk about them...

Its not so people will know where to go to ridicule the people who bought one.

If you dont have anything nice to say....Please dont post..

For the record I will agree that NO ONE from China has made a ATV that will hold up to a adult rider that is past the beginner level..

Are you serious? where did i ridicule? anyone for buying one? heck ive owned 3 and said they were pretty much trouble free (havent been reading my post very well have yah?).
go through all my posts for the last 3 years i dont think ive ever ridiculed anyone or any china quad made. I believe ive argued with many that the minis are great for kids for the money.

Guess i was just stating some facts about parts availability for most china quads so people know the facts that someday your gonna need part that is gonna be hard to find and your gonna have to wait! (and you know im right we have all seen it here with some part or another, heck i waited for a very long time for a water pump kit finally had to order a honda one to get it running.

What about the parents or guy who buys a china quad but has no idea to work on them? and has nobody around him who can service it? is it fair he knows the facts before the purchase?

anytime someone asks a question like should i buy a china quad or a used honda ect you know what im going to say, If you cant turn a wrench and wanna keep riding buy the honda.

sorry if i got you mad MWQ but i was just stating some facts about the durability of the china quad along with parts availability for them.

later

hoyt

Old 06-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
So these guys must have been in charge of the parts department at my local Dodge dealer.

Seems like the last few parts I ordered for my Polaris, the dealer I've been going to for 8 years had to order parts. Last item was a jet for a carb. Not like that's gonna take up a lot of shelf space for them.

your first mistake is you bought a dodge! J/k

back to the topic. I would think they would would have jets in stock, my dealer doesnt have everything in stock either but my polaris is old! if they have to order a part i get them in around 3 days, the other quads try and get a axle for a redcat 150..if nobody has one it sure takes along time for that cargo container of parts to get here from you know where.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

Not to get off topic here but ironically look at the mess the domestic auto industry is in these days!! I know a guy with a vehicle still under warranty that needed a part. Last I heard it was sitting for weeks waiting..... dealer can't get the part from the factory as the factory's supplier won't ship it cause they haven't got paid. They wouldn't sell directly to the dealer either so it sat....waiting! Kinda sucks when you're make'n payments on vehicle you can't drive!

I think it's been pretty much said on here by the regulars that when you buy a chinese atv you are the , pdi guy, service guy, parts guy, and so on!

There was a whole lot of false info years back when they first came out thats for sure. I was given all kinds of stories about them when I bought my first one! Then I found this site and its been very helpful.

Now a days with the net and forums like this I think people are pretty well informed and know what they are getting into.

Quick Reply: What happened to Raceway?