Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

chinese atv problem solved

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile chinese atv problem solved

so my nephew has a coolster, he got it for Christmas and had problems with it the whole time until I got ahold of it. the first thing you need to do is change the shocks. if the kid cant stay on he or she, cant ride. I used old dirt bike shocks on front and a fox snowmobile shock on the back. it makes a big change if you only do one thing I recommend the shocks. the next thing I did was the hubs. the rear hubs from a FL250 will mount up on the rear axle, just don't use big heavy tires because you will scorch the clutch shoes and be stuck in the middle of nowhere. but in my opinion the second most important thing I did was change the cdi box. way more power and it acts more like the Honda's I had growing up. another very crucial area is the grips. I did a change and now no problems holding on. and it used to backfire like crazy then I tightened the head down and problem solved. the last thing I did was pull the carb and put in an adjustable needle and jet change and a free flowing Briggs&Stratton air-filter. now it runs like a Honda. I also cut the bulge off the exhaust (supposed to be a cat.) and slipped a pipe in its place. my advice is to remove the crap on the exhaust it only causes problems. if these help i'm glad to have been useful. it is just a list of cheap home remedies other than the cdi that I found to be the most useful.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is good stuff, especially the fl250 hub swap. always good to know name brand swaps like this.