Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Necht 2004

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 03:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts
Default Necht 2004

I have bought a Necht 50cc machine as a "fixer upper". For those unfamiliar with them, they are an exact copy of a Suzuki LT50. However on getting it home I find it isn't quite as exact as I thought. It has a battery box and a regulator, which LT50s don't have. In fact it has quite a wiring loom in that usual "Chinese puzzle" way, wires of one colour being connected into wires of another, etc. The pull start is toast but with a battery on and the solenoid wires shorted, it turns over on the electric starter. Anyway, no spark, but if it is a DC set up the power may not be getting to the CDI. This is a four pin unit. I checked the positive lead to the regulator, no power with a test lamp and about 7v with a meter. I assume the regulator should be "live" all the time, so there must be a fault between the fuse and the regulator, as the fuse is "live" both sides.

Is a four pin CDI a DC one?
Is there any chance of a wiring diagram for it?
Necht are still selling new Quads, why are they not selling spares for this one? Kazuma are making good money selling plastics that "just happen to be" exactly like the LT80. So Necht could be selling plastics, pull starts, carbs, etc, which fit the LT50 and are stupidly expensive for them now.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Well, got back into the workshop yesterday, re-connected the battery and all the positive wires powered up, starter worked on the button and a spark appeared at the plug. No idea why, the on off switch is decidedly dodgy but all other Quads I have worked on power the regulator direct from the battery. Anyway, squirted some oil into the cylinder and crankcase, replaced the plug, cleaned out the carb (full of water, as is the tank), poured some two stroke mix direct into the carb and after a lot of turning over and wetting the air filter with fuel, it fired up. It will only run on choke, but with a carb as bad as this one it may take a bit of running to get it right.

I'd still like to know why Necht are not flooding the market with pattern LT50 parts.