Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Anything chinese

Old 02-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Ride it like you stole it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything chinese

I seem that everyone has different posts about problems. I have two Chinese ATV's
2011 Chinese ATV (Engine says Loncin) 125CC semi automatic, Black. Will post pics

2007 Kazuma Jagaur 500CC 4x4 - GREAT MACHINE

Okay,

I want to start a new thread where people just say cool things about your machines, cool mods you have done to your machine, any advice, I can offer some advice, and I will sometimes require some advice, I am new myself to Chinese ATV's and would love to see the requirements on what I should look at when maintaining a Chinese ATV. Because, I have had personal experiences with a 03 Polaris Predator 90, and I sold it and went into the Chinese ATV series.

my 125CC Chinese ATV is NOT A FULL SIZED ATV
I want to hear and get informed on some cool mods I can do to the machine to enhance it's performance and make it cool.

So thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Anything chinese-2015-09-19_1442621226.jpg   Anything chinese-2015-10-25_1445786559.jpg   Anything chinese-2015-11-17_1447764135.jpg  
Old 03-15-2016, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, seems like everybody got problems I did (but figured it out)
You have a great Idea so here it goes ------------------------>
I bought my kids (5 and 8) each a Tao Tao 110b quad last year. they both have been riding since they were 3 and started out on a RAZOR electric. I started off by putting a better air filter on it (easy to clean sponge mod) then I custom built some spacers and widened the stance 4 inches all the way around. my daughter likes hill climbs so I changed out the 14t drive sprocket to a 12t for more torque. I pulled the steering column apart and used my angle grinder to grind the turn limiter down and now they turn on a dime. I swapped out the stock carbs for the PZ20 so I can adjust for high altitude or low desert valley- we travel with the toy hauler all over. I added fuel shut off's, performance coil, rectifier and CDI. Of course upgraded the spark plug and wires. I got rid of those stock tires and went to knobbies and finally I cut the plastic that attaches the front fender to the foot rest. Now after spending 4 hours at the DMV getting titles, registration and green stickers my kids love packing their quads up with dads YFZ (the mods on that are mind blowing) and heading out to the desert or mountains in Utah and tearing it up. Thanx for asking

Old 03-16-2016, 08:34 AM
Range Rover
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I own 2 Chinese motorcycles that have the Honda CG clone 200cc engines. I've ridden one of them over 50,000 miles with zero problems so I bought a 2007 Taotao ATA250-D with a CG clone engine. Unlike CVT drive quads, a manual transmission makes it possible to roll along at very low RPM. That with the very quiet muffler make it possible to sneak up on animals that would flee from most quads.

Pros: Quiet, simple, reliable, light weight, cheap, great gas mileage.

Cons: Low ground clearance under sprocket/disk brake (normal for chain drive quads). Foot rests too close to seat for my long legs requiring modification.

Love my Chinese bikes and quad but would only recommend them to those who do all their own maintenance work because most shops won't work on them. They're easy to work on compared to most quads, and parts are cheap and readily available.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer

We have had a few of them and I must say they have all been great. We beat the snot out of them and they kept going. Now the only thing I will say is they wont last 20 years like the name brands. Other than that I thought they were pretty nice. The new taotao 300cc look pretty bad ***.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

sure you can get 20 years out of them. Proper care and maintenance and they will last. My little ones is 10 years old no engine work but could use a new clutch as it slips under load but still gets her around pretty good just no big hills..LOL

Old 03-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought a CF MOTO 500 in Dec. 2015. I've had two issues so far (actually one issue, but it's occurred twice). The foot brake line where it connects at the rear axle, has popped out twice. It's been fixed under warranty both times, took it out for a major ride after the break-in period and it runs like a charm. No mods yet, I'm watching the posts on this site for ideas. This is my first quad.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Rolling on 3 (wheels)

Originally Posted by Fastest1
I bought a CF MOTO 500 in Dec. 2015. I've had two issues so far (actually one issue, but it's occurred twice). The foot brake line where it connects at the rear axle, has popped out twice. It's been fixed under warranty both times, took it out for a major ride after the break-in period and it runs like a charm. No mods yet, I'm watching the posts on this site for ideas. This is my first quad.
Hope it works out for you, and keep us posted in the coming years on how it holds up. We need more reviews for this brand, especially considering this brand is the same class as the Big brands, despite its Chinese origins. The ATV magazines seem to rate this brand pretty highly, so that seems encouraging.

Also, I don't consider this one a "Chinese quad" so much as a Brand name quad that just happens to be built in china. ( Not that a cheap "Chinese quad" is necessarily bad)

Also, keep in mind that KTM worked on the engines in these, so that's a good sign.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im fairly new here im from the uk, I have 2 kazuma quads and love them both, a 110 kazuma lacoste from new had it for about 8 years and nothing has ever gone wrong with it mechanically, couldnt fault it and parts are cheap and easy to get hold of, picked up a kazuma jaguar yesterday on 3kms from new and so far love it but am yet to really get to know it anybody else have a kazuma jaguar id be interested to know what you think or any common problems with them, does anybody know what oil to use and if there is a transmission dipstick anywhere?

Thanks charlie

Old 04-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've been a lurker here for a long time, but frankly, this post made me finally sign up for an account so I could respond.

2 years ago I bought my son a quad for Christmas. Having never owned anything besides a car myself, and not knowing if our son would even be into it, we settled on a metallic blue and black Coolster 125R. Does it have problems here and there? Yes... but so do most things in life. If you have any common sense, these things require minimal tweaking to become reliable machines, that's why they're cheaper, like rough sawn wood vs S4S lumber. To be honest, my son's quad has already taken more abuse and provided more hours of enjoyment than I ever thought possible with a quad costing so little.

Just last night I fixed a fuel leak from the petcock on the bottom of the tank. It was sealed with teflon tape which had been eaten away. It took me about an hour to remove the petcock, clean the threads, degrease everything, change the fuel filter, apply some permatex to the threaded nipple on the petcock, and reassemble.

I'm not a motorhead, I'm a computer nerd. I'm fairly handy, but don't have a background in mechanics or working on gas powered things. Part of the fun, for me anyways, is in finding the areas where these quads may fall short, and learning how to fix them.

Before he was comfortable riding solo, I rode around with him sitting just in front of me. The fact that this little quad could hold both of us and haul us up hills in the dirt surprised the heck out of me. We were WELL over the max weight rating and it still pulled us right along.

My take is this, get what you can afford, learn how to maintain it, and work around the quirks... and most importantly HAVE FUN!