Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

RTS-110A Roketa

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RTS-110A Roketa

No spark! Well dang I hate this problem but heres the info:

Coil ruled out on the basis that is hit on being grounded to the frame good, had good continuity between both metal post and continuity from blk/yl to plug.

Questions:
Since this is a model that uses the cdi what readings should I get and are the stator/magneto, cdi, and coil the only things controlling spark like on a ac powered cdi engine? Or does the rectifier have any purpose in the spark or is it only used to charge bat and power accessories?
Also tested the ohms from the spark plug wire at the cdi to the spark plug grounded and ungrounded.
Grounded on the block I got about 16 ohms (keeping in mind it was just pushed to the block)
Ungrounded it was open.
Does this make since and eliminate wiring from the cdi spark plug out put to ground?

Also:
got a good ground wire at the cdi, good dc voltage off the black wire, (which i first cut thinking it was the ground control to find out it was dc power so soldered it back up) and a good .2-.4 trigger ac voltage off the stator.

I ordered a new cdi and burnt through an ac one off another bike trying to use it but its only five dollars and provided

Also thanks to the lad who got my mini bike running, all information counts and is handy and thats why I'm back again, the bike runs rough so I bought a new carb because its pre tuned and hell 15 bucks for new or run an old crusty one that wasn't shiney? Oh yeah the bike doesn't run now, waiting on that ac cdi again because thats the one I melted down! WHO DOESNT LOVE FIRE? GET ME ROLLIN!!!!!!!!!!!