Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

What bike do I have

Old 07-30-2017, 01:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok new issue. Son stopped the ATV and as he sat there gas started flowing out the tub at the Bottom of the carberator and I could not get it stopped. Finally it stopped on its own. Any ideas for a non mechanic here? Thanks in advance

Old 07-30-2017, 02:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stuck float needle in the carb is your leak problem. Often a tiny piece of debris gets stuck between the needle and seat.

Smaller front sprocket or larger rear sprocket or both will lower top speed and increase acceleration from a stop.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hugemoth
Stuck float needle in the carb is your leak problem. Often a tiny piece of debris gets stuck between the needle and seat.

Smaller front sprocket or larger rear sprocket or both will lower top speed and increase acceleration from a stop.

thanks a a ton man. I took the carb apart and cleaned it with brake cleaner (only thing I had handy) dried it and back up and running.

Now even with the throttle turned all the way in to the slowest position it has power but I find if he goes with the throttle push all the time it still goes too fast. Is there anything special I needed to do to the carb when I put it back together that would cause the bike to still be fast even if the throttle is set almost all the way off on the handle Bar?

thanks

Old 07-31-2017, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Same bike!

The bike I just finished for my son looks just like this one

Old 08-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Range Rover
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not much you can do to slow it down except what you've already done, turning in the throttle stop screw.