Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Two mounting positions for front shocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 05:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two mounting positions for front shocks

I bought a 125cc coolster atv then I bought some actual working, adjustable piggy back shocks to help soften the ride. I noticed there are 2 mounting positions on the A-arm, one a little higher (about 2 inches) than the other. The shocks will be here in a few days and I was wondering which position to bolt them to. Other than making the quad sit a little lower will the bottom mount affect the stability or handling different than the higher one?

I tried wrapping my head around it but thought I might ask if someone knew for sure.

Thanks,

Old 07-31-2017, 02:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Lower means more stable due to lower centre of gravity, but also less ground clearance. If they are further in, or out, this affects softness of ride, so also handling, but you are going to alter this anyway by using adjustable shocks.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, Thanks... The new shocks I purchased are about an inch longer so I'm going to set them soft and use the lower settings. With this I don't think I'll effect clearance but I will achieve the ride comfort for my son.