Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

110cc Chinese quad bike electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc Chinese quad bike electrical issues

Hi all
so I have recently come across a 110cc atv that a can't get started. Here are some details.
After checking wiring to make sure everything is in place I connected battery only to have nothing happen when pressing starting button. Key was on and safety brake applied.
I then bridged the solenoid only to have engine very slowly crank over a few times. Then I took the spark plug out and bridged solenoid and the engine turned fast as it should. I then checked if it had apart whilst I bridged solenoid and it has good spark.
After reinstalling spark plug I get the same result when bridging solenoid. Engine turns over very slowly then stops. It also has an anti theft device but I've tried just disconnecting it and it makes no difference. Part of anti theft device I think
Anti theft device
Starter solenoid

I have noticed that when I press the start button on handle bars with key on and brake pressed and locked I can hear a slight clicking of the solenoid and that's it.
All lights are working just won't turn over. Could this just be the starter solenoid or does it sound like something else?
Ive been searching different forums but can't seem to pin point this issue.

Any my help would be much appreciated

Old 09-12-2017, 09:13 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

sounds like week battery

Old 09-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with Zrock about you having a weak battery. Inherently, powersport batteries have a low storage capacity and this is often compromised further if the battery is (a) not activated properly upon set up, i.e. that it is charged at the current current and voltage, and (b) maintained in a fully charged condition using a "smart" powersports battery charger (2 amps or less) that will hold the battery's voltage at its prime voltage. After a full charge your battery at resting voltage (12 hrs AFTER charging) should be 12.7 to 12.8 volts. Sulfation, which starts when batteries begin to discharge, can also reduce the powersport battery's capacity. These are crystals that attach to the lead plates and act as “insulation” keeping the battery from accepting a charge and is not reversible. A reputable dealer is more likely to properly activate and maintain their powersports batteries than a wholesale ATV warehouse, so the battery you get with the China quads is often already compromised. Just my 2 cents