Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Cool little Coolster 125

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool little Coolster 125

I know many of you have had quality issues with your China quads. I was fortunate enough to be able to cherry pick my 3125R off the showroom room and I think this helped me to find one without major issues. After riding it around the parking lot at a local dealership (I am 6' and 225lbs) and noting its deficiencies, I went to work making it the mini quad I wanted it to be. It really came alive! The easy mods I made were replacing the stock carb with a Keihin, Motion Pro twist throttle conversion (custom made), Uni dual stage air filter, and NGK spark plug. I also removed the racks to cut weight, painted the wheels and exhaust and I run 91 octane E0 gas. It looks great, runs better and my grandson and I have had a blast modifying the little beast and spent less than $100.

Attached Thumbnails Cool little Coolster 125-20170330_114430.jpg   Cool little Coolster 125-20170912_200820.jpg  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice little machine owned several imports and they all have been rock solid. One issue with a twist throttle on a atv especially with young ones is when they hit bumps they will twist the throttle possibly getting them into a accident. I was going to put one on my little ones machine and had everything and then thought better and just let her thumb get stronger and used to original throttle.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, that is a big danger, but with a throttle limiter that I fabricated (and failed to mention) we can reduce the risk significantly I think. I watch the kids carefully when they ride and pay close attention to unsafe situations as well.