Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Tao Tao help, first time post

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao Tao help, first time post

Hi to all, I have been reading posts here and decided to post my own. I traded some welding work for a Tao Tao 110 ATV for my 6 year old son. The person that I got it from aid it stopped working and could not get it started again. He did not know what the issue was as he is not very mechanical, but he did manage to take a lot of parts off of it. The spark plug was there, but not screwed in so the cylinder has been exposed for I am not sure how long, I have some marvels mystery oil sitting in it now. The seat is missing and I also need a new battery for it, the two tires are flat, but I can fix those and have been reading a lot of why some of these fail to start at times. I am not sure what model this is as I see that there are many, on the engine it says 61112405 TZH152FMH it also said on one of the stickers that it was from the engine family 7AIMX.110A30 I was hoping to find out what the model number is so that I can buy the seat and some of the other parts for it, I was thinking it was a 110a, but nothing comes up for that as maybe it's too old to buy parts for that model. I hope someone can let me know what it is or where I can buy some parts for it that is a reliable source. Thanks in advance, I also included some photos and hope they uploaded.

Attached Thumbnails Tao Tao help, first time post-dsc_0244.jpg   Tao Tao help, first time post-dsc_0245.jpg   Tao Tao help, first time post-dsc_0246.jpg  
Old 10-30-2017, 03:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

From the engine number, the engine is a 52mm bore Honda clone, so looks like 110 is right. Don't know anything about Tao Taos, thankfully we don't get them in the UK, though they may appear with a different badge over here. Only way with the seat is to compare the plastics on your machine with those on other Tao Taos. It is likely that almost everything on frame and engine is shared with all other 110cc Tao Taos.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same one for my kid, bought it cheap due to a broken frame, when I welded it back up and cleaned the carb it started right up for about 5min before it started troubling. There was spark, but after a lot of troubleshooting I changed the plug and it started right up again. Ran it then for 20minutes and the stator gave out so after changing that it now runs like a charm.

It's a simple engine, it's usually a electric problem and then it's a fair bet that it's the stator (I've fixed a bunch of these with no spark and only changed plug/stator, never CDI and coil)

Edit: It's a 6pole stator, I just purchased one for 11$ with freight to Norway, so wouldn't be a bad idea to buy one as a spare and watch the frame near the rear axle for cracks.