Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

TaoTao Tforce - automatic or semi-automatic transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TaoTao Tforce - automatic or semi-automatic transmission?

Bought a Tao Tao TForce, TFORCE - TAOTAO USA INC. Within about 2 min of starting it, it was producing white smoke and oil out of the exhaust pipe. Make a long story short, after a compression test and leak down test, there is an issue with the piston/bore. I'm working with the vendor to get a new engine under warranty. My issue is this: all of the information I saw about this ATV listed it as having an automatic transmission - DNR. What I actually received is more like a semi-automatic - 321NR. It even has the matching gear LED indicator of 321NR. I like the three range setup. My son can leave it in 1st and it has a lot of torque. However, in working with the vendor to get a replacement engine/transmission, they say they have no record of a TForce coming with a 321NR transmission. They don't believe me, so I've sent them pics and they still didn't believe me and asked for more pics. Does anyone else have a TForce with a 321NR transmission? Is this a new version? Does anyone know what Tao models have a 321NR transmission? I think I have an ATV unicorn.

Attached Thumbnails TaoTao Tforce - automatic or semi-automatic transmission?-thumbnail_image1.jpg   TaoTao Tforce - automatic or semi-automatic transmission?-thumbnail_image10.jpg   TaoTao Tforce - automatic or semi-automatic transmission?-thumbnail_image11.jpg  
Old 05-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

thats actually pretty cool but a real pain for kids to have to take their hands off the bar to shift. Do you actually have to pull it to the side to hit 2 and 3rd? Usually the sport versions have the semi auto and the utility versions like yours have teh auto

Old 05-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 9yr old son doesn't seem to have any problems with it. Its just a quick bump of the shifter to the rear to go up to 2 and 3. He could probably leave it in 2 and it would operate similar to the regular auto version.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Ya thats what my little one does with her semi auto.. First time iv ever seen a kids machine like that i did not even see that option when i bought ours . i should have reworded my above statement its a little dangerous for kids to take their hands off the bar to shift.. One bump and it can go wrong for them..