Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Wiring/testing help

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 07:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring/testing help

Was wondering if anyone could tell me the pin out on the cdi I have and where the wires would go and what they should test out as just got it and it has no spark this thing is a total wire nightmare right now
cdi
green ground
Black yellow - coil if I remember when cranking about 5v dc
Black- 12v dc
Green white- sator
Blue white -sator

Sator
3yellows- regulator
Blue white- cdi
Green white- cdi

Coil
Black- don't recall where this went right now
Black yellow- cdi

Ignition
Is wired with a toggle switch and a push button start

Old 10-24-2018, 03:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Looks like you have a DC ignition system. Check those Blue/white and green/white wires with an ohm meter. If they are not earthed but are connected inside the alternator case, they will be from a two wire trigger coil. When the engine is spun on the starter, they should produce an AC voltage pulse, this can be as low as 0.2v or 50v. The output from the CDI is the black/yellow and should produce a 12v neg pulse to the coil which is being fed 12v pos all the time the ignition is switched on.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merryman
Looks like you have a DC ignition system. Check those Blue/white and green/white wires with an ohm meter. If they are not earthed but are connected inside the alternator case, they will be from a two wire trigger coil. When the engine is spun on the starter, they should produce an AC voltage pulse, this can be as low as 0.2v or 50v. The output from the CDI is the black/yellow and should produce a 12v neg pulse to the coil which is being fed 12v pos all the time the ignition is switched on.
Thank you it seems like I have it running now have to do some carb adjusting and check to see if that it why it'll fire up and then go pretty high on the trottle then die thank you again