Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Chinese crap

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese crap

Hi all I'm new to this site looking for a bit of help. I have some kind of Chinese quad and someone has completely butchered the wiring all I'm looking for is to get it started and driving I can figure most of the wiring out myself but I'm looking to find out where the safety switch wires go to from the brake handle I'm completely clueless as far as this goes so any help would be much appreciated.

Old 11-23-2018, 02:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Obviously it depends on how the Chinese designer wanted it to go. Some have the handlebar lever on the earth, so one side goes to earth, t'other to rear light and negative side of solenoid, so solenoid is only earthed when brake is on. Some have positive wire to lever switch, wire from it goes to rear light and start button, so start button only gets power when brake is on. Some have a very complex relay system feeding the solenoid/start button circuit.

Old 11-23-2018, 02:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

There's no lights on it not sure if that is a first day thing or not. There was basic wiring on it just the cdi regulator starter solinoid and magneto wiring and bettery of course but that was bolloxed so need a new one as i said wiring was butchered. Apparently the previous owners were bump starting it not sure how as it's semi auto but safety switch had been dismantled as far as wiring goes all I found was 2 blue wires that were plugged into brake handle but we're unplugged from the other end and nowhere for them to plug into so I'm assuming someone at some point bypassed the safety switch but I want to get it all working mainly for safety reasons but also I want to sell it on once it's repaired

Old 11-24-2018, 03:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Check the switch actually works with a resistance meter, no point in wiring it in and finding it doesn't work, which is usually why they get disconnected in the first place. It can be wired into the same line as the start button, in series so both switches have to be on for the power to get to the solenoid.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

My ATV is suffering from electrical issues as well. My quad has the electrical system where the quad can only be started by the brake lever being applied. However my solenoid clicks and the starter motor that I have just fitted doesn't spin. Don't want to piggyback onto this thread but thought this might be abl to help at the same time.

I personally found that my wiring near the CDI was loose and once connected strongly the ATV ignition worked. Don't know much about the ATVs but this might help?

Thanks and good luck.

Old 12-16-2018, 02:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

A 12v test lamp is best to check the starter circuit. Put it between the live post on the starter and earth, press start button. If the solenoid clicks but the lamp doesn't light, you have a faulty solenoid.