Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

No Spark with new components

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020 | 07:12 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default No Spark with new components

Hi all,

I got a 110cc Chinese quad given to me so I thought I would get it running. Originally had the carby all caked up with crystallized old fuel so I purchased a new one relatively cheap. It also had no spark so I purchased a new stator, coil, cdi and rectifier As a kit.

After reassembling everything I can still not get a spark on the head with the plug. I’ve got power coming through the trigger wire, I’ve disconnected the kill switch. I’ve got power at the two terminals at the coil, but still no spark at the plug. The plug is brand new.

any help would be much appreciated as this has got me stumped.

Old 10-14-2020 | 02:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If you have a high enough voltage to the coil, it should be making a spark. Put your old coil back on and see if it works.

Old 10-19-2020 | 12:07 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Solved!

Thanks merryman,

after a lot of hair pulling, I had my son turn this Thing over while I played with the Wires. I noticed spark. So I kept going and traced it all the way back to the cdi plug. The plug looks new but being Chinese component it’s a dodgey loose fit. Not to mention the little terminals inside the plug are stretched. Now I have spark.

thought I would post the issue as I have seen a lot of people saying one day the have spark and the next they don’t. Check your plugs even if they look new.