Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

GY6 help

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GY6 help

Hello. I have a old 150cc yamoto . One day after riding it would not start again. I have done some checking. Have anybody experiance in this?

When i disconnect cdi power supply from stator and crank the engine, I get about 40vAC. If I plug the connector back again, I only get about 20vAC. In other words, if I unhook the stator power supply to the cdi i get 40vAC, when the power supply from stator is connected to cdi, I only get 20vAC. Is this normal? ( have tried 2 different cdi)

I have low voltage reading output cdi to coil. If I remove the ground cables ( pin 3 and 4) from the cdi, I get higher voltage. Is this normal? Ground from stator is connected with all other green ( ground ) cables in the wiring harness, and is connected to the negative terminal battery. One cable again goes from battery to frame/engine. Pin 5 in the cdi( kill swith) has been removed during testing.

Pick up coil in stator does not have a open line ( O.L) to ground when i check continuity with a multimeter. So maybe the pick up is shorted to ground. Is this normal?

Power supply stator shows 333ohm
Signal cable from stator shows 133ohm.