Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Central California OHV Riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central California OHV Riders

All welcome, I think, check us out at home. In order to view the forums you have to join the group. This isn't our fault its !yahoo's sorry, on the homepage there is a deal to sign up for membership if you are interested.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Range Rover

Couldn't get your link to work.

I'm in Fresno also

Richard

Old 01-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

That is because the group really doesnt exsist anymore..... There is another ... But I rode with them once... Before I say anymore, what kind of riding do you want to do? These guys trail ride for the most part. I like MX track and "follow the leader" type of riding.

I try and ride as much as possable however it seems that my most limiting factor is a busted bike, which occurs nearly every ride. If you want to head out with me and a few freinds some time you are welcome to come and check a few spots out with us. Perhaps you would want to come hang out work on your machine or talk shop to get a feel for the type of people you will be riding with before you kill a weekend? If so reply to this thread, we can discuss some riding areas/plans.

Places I have riden and enjoy going to:
Pismo (of course)
Coalinga Hills (not Clear Creek, I have never been there)
Few local MX tracks (Freind's familys that are farmers let them borrow the tractors in the off season and they built a few killer tracks.)
California City (Nice place for a 5th gear wide open throttle ride, watch the tires though or you will tear them)
Lotta private land (Related to farmers... Off season = some great exploritory rides)

Places I want to get to eventually:
Dunmont
Glamis
Anyplace other then pismo with sand.

I like sand riding (hurts a whole lot less when you eat shirt) but I am up for anything that the bike can handle. Trail riding is not for me. Trying to creep over trees at 6000 rpm on a banshee is a deathwish.
~monti

Old 01-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

My wife & I, as well as our young daughters, now have 4 quads. We most often ride at Pismo, bringing along our toy hauler.

We are heading to Jawbone for President's weekend. We are trying to figure out a camping/riding weekend for Hollister Hills in March also.

Old 02-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

Humm, well then .... I fixed that link at the top of this tread ... Go visit them they are trying to set up a few rides (this weekend on saturday and pres. day weekend). The guys I usually ride with are a rowdy bunch, not nessiarily appr. for kids about. The group that the link points to would most likely be a better bet. I was going to try and get out somewhere this weekend just for saturday just to burn off the old gas in the tank. Either way look into the group page is prolly your best bet. If you want to just hop on the bike for a day ride this weekend saturday and you don't like where the group is headed I'll join you for a day trip.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Sorry - computer headaches lately. We went off for the weekend, but not to ride.

Went over Hollister way and checked out Hollister Hills. It looked to be more for the bikes, rather than the quads. After talking to a few people with quads though, I think that we will probably make a weekend run to ride in Hollister sometime in March. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I hope that we will be able to find a place to camp, if arriving around 9pm on a Friday night .... I'll figure that out later [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]