Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

PNWQRA Newsletter

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PNWQRA Newsletter

i know what you mean about oakwood being tight, i raced there a few times on my LT.... not sure if i want to put the gasser through it.

I really want to go to goldendale, however, to make series points for the fall series at OPMC i must attend the race there on the 23rd.

i just heard that Richland is getting some rain, hopefully they keep getting it.... if they do, the EWDRA race will be sweet on the 2nd.

Old 10-18-2003, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider

I have never done the Iron-man in Richland. So I don't know what I will be missing. The plan is to go to Washugal that weekend.

Old 10-20-2003, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

promoto promotions has their schedule on their website. it includes the winter challenge series & the indoor series at clark county fairgrounds....

the hare scramble at richland is a 10-11 mile loop on sandy desert terrain, lots of whoops & turns.... you can run either 2 laps or 4(ironman). the start is a mass dead engine lemans(running) type start (imagine a line of 60 quads all starting at once & racing for the same 20' wide gate)... which follows down the sand drag strip & turns onto the course. when they get rain prior to the race only the start is dusty. its a great race to help prep for running some of the WORCS races.

Old 10-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

We had gone down to Woodland and had a great time I am thinking about chacing series points. So that might take alot of other races off the list. RMC's indoor quad series starts in January I don't have the details yet but I'll Let you know when I know more.

So what is going on with the GasGas? Are you going to be able to race 10/26/03 at OPMC?

Jeff Mcgahan and a few of his co-workers are going to go to Moses Lake on the 11/09/03 just for a day trip. Kinda the last dune ride of the year before it get to nasty.

http://www.tootrickracing.com/events/index.cfm this is a indoor series that is in Canada. A couple guys I know are going to follow this series and another one up there that starts after this one ends.
He said it like racing in the Tacoma Dome with the stands packed with people.

Old 10-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

i'm going to make the 26th, but maybe not the 2nd... don't know yet we're still waiting on some gaskets & seals. i told him i was in the middle of a series & don't want too much down time... he said it shouldn't take more than 5 days, so ill get him the motor on a monday & hope to be back out the next weekend.

the GNC nationals are going to glen helen on feb 7th, i'd love to go if i can either find a ride or someone to split costs in my rig.... know anyone else thinking about it? hopefully i'll find an enclosed trailer before then...

i'll definitely do some of the WORCS, but not sure how much i can afford.... it may end up just being goldendale & washougal for me, but i want to do more.

the arena stuff in canda sounds interesting. i'll have to check out the track at RMC sometime too.

Old 10-22-2003, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

I will not be able to make it to GNC in Cali. Or any GNC for that matter. I would like to race it but I want to get better in the small pond before jumping in the the big lake.

May be in 2005 and if I have more money then I might be up for it. I am going to stay in the Washington, Oregon and, Canada area. There should be enough races to keep me busy.

I know some one that is following the WORKS series and have offered to haul an extra bike. They are going to Milford CA. this weekend. Then Stillwater Ok. for the last race.
I am not sure if they will be follow the GNC series thoe. I could ask next time I see them if you are interested.

I have to work out some of the details on the Canada indoor series. From what I was tole is that you need to but a AMA licence but the Canada version that costs $80.00 U.S. So its better to hit as many races as you can to use the licence.

I don't live to far from RMC so I will have some more info. on that.

Old 10-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

I don't want to hit the whole GNC series... way too much driving.(50 hours each way for most races... F that!) just the one race if it's possible. i'll go for a few rounds of the WORCS next year. convieniently i have family in Utah & Las Vegas that i can crash with if needed.

Old 10-24-2003, 11:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey dual-sporter,
I just found this on another web site and thought I better let you know.......

As of 10/23, OPMC has posted that their track is closed until further notice due to weather conditions. There is supposed to be Race 3 of the Fall Series up there in Port Angeles, WA, so, anyone wanting to race might want to contact the track before going there on Sunday, October 26.
opmc.org

Old 11-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Our club holds two ATV-ONLY poker runs a year in the Tahuya. We won't be finding out 2004 dates until this thursday, November 6th. I will post as soon as I have the dates. We had our first two events this year and drew approximately 250 riders and ATV's for each. We are also looking to add a hare scramble to the mix this year on private land.

For further info:

West Sound Quad Riders
olallaquad@yahoo.com
or
(253) 858-6547 John

Old 11-05-2003, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

Yodaddy- sounds like you have no problem geting word out about events, it appears that is the biggest factor in getting attendance in any quad event up here in the NW. i'm interested in the hare scrambles.... i think reiter could be used for one.

Raptorchick- whats the latest on the PNWQRA? got membership applications? what's required? have they sorted out dues & such?

Quick Reply: PNWQRA Newsletter