Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ATV CLUB

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ATV CLUB

James,
Just for you I went down to the river and talked to the locals. Water is going down, still wide and still uncrossable.

The best part there is QUICK SAND from hell. The sand has been under water for 3+ months and it is soggy.

Maybe we can ride next summer. Won't be any long rides this summer.

Ronnie

Old 07-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I hate to hear that. We were looking forward to another Rivermist to Eufaula ride. Guess that'll have to wait til next year.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:34 AM
Pro Rider

Hey James thanks for the info on Big Red...I have my OWN pole now and I carry a ghetto blaster for music now.... Wanna see my chaps???

Old 07-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

bobman i just watched the hunt today and i seen your quad in it, wow it must be nice to be famous.

andy "they arent gonna make a big star out of me" B

Old 08-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Guys,
Been outta town working for several days. No access to a computer sucks!!

Mudstock was a great time. I saw Bruteforce Bob and a few others there having way too much fun. You guys should see the lightshow that Bob has on his quad. Sweeeeeeeet!!!
Saw a guy break the wings on his backbone. He launched his new 800 Can Am about 7 or 8 feet straight up in the air. Only problem was that he came straight back down. He slammed his back into a cargo rack he had on back of the quad. His quad came straight down with no forward motion. The rear wheels hit first with such force that it bent both axles forward almost to the fender and bent the frame. Everybody knew he was hurt before he even hit the ground. You could just see it coming and there was nothing anyone could do about it.
Two riders later a guy rolled his sport quad and when they both stopped rolling - the quad came to rest right on top of him. Pretty tough character - the guy got up (after we pulled the quad off him) and finished the race. No serious injuries for him.

The mud flew from the 4X4's and the quads tore up everything from trails to rock climbing. Looking forward to going back in September. Oh yea, and some people drank some beer too. Some drank too much!!! I'm blackmailing them as we speak (hehe).

Hey Ronnie,
How's that river coming?? I'm moving back to Seminole this weekend. Will be gone next weekend, but weekend of the 18th looks good for me if'n it's down. How 'bout you? Does that weekend look good for you??

James

Old 08-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

James,
Glad you are coming back this way. I'm tied up until Matt leaves for med school on the 20th.

I'm up for a ride as soon as he leaves.

The guys at the river said bring a tow rope because somebody will need it.

Ronnie

Old 08-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer

I missed that quad wreck. What day did that happen? Mudstock was a blast. What were you riding? Don't remember if I met you or not. I was there with Shawn (aka Sanddude) and several others. I was also hanging with Bob some. Mostly hanging around the skinny dipping pond looking at the sites. Well some good and alot of nasty stuff..... I will be back in September.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Trailblazer

We need help in maintaining trails at Crosstimbers(Draper). If the quad riders will help maintain the existing, we will be able to have more trails open to quads. The bike guys did most of the origional clearing, so they only cleared wide enough for bikes. If you can help, email myself or campnride and we will get you involved. There are some weed eaters available for us to borrow. We could use any bigger equipment like tractors or bobcats. Let me know when you can help and we will put you to work.

charlie

Old 08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

has anyone raced at portcity raceway in tulsa? mainly concerned about the mini quads for my son . they have a race on 9/14/07 i think. its oval and tt racing. went to 3draceway near muskogee and it was fun but he finished 3rd out of three racers who had modified 2 stroke and just killed him. he wants to do jumps so maybe the tt racing he might like. also need some oval track tires but the good ones are really expensive. need some 16'' tall for 8 '' rims . thank you very much.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Trailblazer

Crossbar may be closing

http://www.rideok.com/2007/08/...h-orv-area-may-be.html

Quick Reply: CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ATV CLUB