Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

WHAT IS THE HP OF A 350 RAPTOR AND THE TOP SPEED

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT IS THE HP OF A 350 RAPTOR AND THE TOP SPEED

Originally posted by: 2FAST4URASS
and just wondering does her valves rattle a lil too mine is about 3 1/2 weeks old and it has got a little louder but not bad just wonderin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Just remember to keep them adjusted [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] after break in it's always a good thing to adjust them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] it makes a HUGE difference, I don't think anyone ever adjusted mine on my 300 until I got it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2004, 11:38 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

the engine is a bit on the "loud side". keep your valves adjusted and your oil and filter changed on a regular basis. we still find bits in the filter, I work at a dealership, it is noted as normal on those engines.

Kym- you need to talk to Brenda about the ride. Where we going on sunday?

Old 09-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

urs does kick azz ( ( ((((((((((( 350raptor ))))))))))) but then again there yamaha's so they all do lol but anyways about that that bruin you have how about it how well does it perform going up hill etc and the belt has it ever slipped when wet reason i ask is because im about to get another atv and its between the bruin 350 4x4 or the kodiak 450 4x4 i like the bruin it has a great price for alot of atv so if you dont mind give a lil heads up on it thanx tons Jeremy .

and happy trails 2 you and ur wife

Old 09-24-2004, 03:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

OK "2fast" first off let me say i would not have bought the Bruin. My wife picked it out. i tried to get her to get the KFX700, but she thought it was just to much for her.

pros- she had to have an automatic, easy to ride, mid size, that would keep up with me on the trails.

cons- can't wheelie on it, even if you stand on the back rail with both feet rock back and forth while rolling backwords down a hill and slam the throtle. the front wheels don't come off the ground, ( wich turns out is a good thing for her).
yamaha calls it an automatic transmision. This means that you only have one gear, so when you put in F you don't don't have to shift. very low power in the low end , good power in the middle and low on the top end. top speed is like 30 mph at most, so it turns out i have to stop alot to let her catch up with me on the trails. it has a drive shaft and haven't seen any sliping yet, and she loves the mud. great suspension as long as you don't take it on any mx tracks. the thing weighs 500 lbs, so when comes down it comes down hard and fast. Good ground clearance, she gos places that i can't and she has pulled the raptor out of a few ruts too.

all in all, if you ask my wife she loves her bruin. it is her first quad and she is glad she got it. the only time she wishes for any other quad is when i blow past her on the drag strip!

if you are getting it for yourself, i would recomend something else. If it is for a girl, it will do just fine.

B

Old 09-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

WEll if I was making the decision between a Bruin & Kodiak I'D GET THE KODIAK [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have an 00 Kodiak 400 & LOVE IT!! It's' sick right now but we're working on it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] we had to disconnect the choke cuz it sticks on, now we need to adjust the valves & find a silencer for it cuz it blew a huge hole in the stocker [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but as for comfort ect. this was my 1st learner quad & it made me a confident rider, it would/will go ANYWHERE & I love the fact I just have to push the "magic" button for 4x4 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I never thought I would want a sport quad BUT LOL low & behold I not only got a sport quad I RACE now too hehe, anyway go w/ the kodiak [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Good luck!!

Old 09-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

well thanks for the input all i think i willget the kodiak 450 im getting it for my dad he has a bayou 300 but shes getting old and costly lol