Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Florida ATV Land Acquisitions

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida ATV Land Acquisitions

Im moving to pinellas county and would be intrested in doing this, but when are you planning on actually buying some land?

Old 12-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for your interest and thanks for the question.

We have a good stream of people signing up every day. We still need more before we can start the first facility. Once we're ready we'll let everyone know regardless of the county they signed up in. The county-by-county sign up helps us anticipate the interest level there is for that part of Florida. Everyone will have an opportunity to buy into any facility as it opens. Our goal is to acquire as many facilities in order to protect our riding future. Almost once a month I read about areas that get shut down, so we all really need these facilities to open.

It appears that hopefully sometime in 2005 we'll have the force neccessary to purchase and open the 1st facility. Once the word gets out about that 1st one I believe the others will snowball.

When you get to Pinellas please help us spread the word and hope you sign up and become a part of this great effort.

Old 01-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have some 4WD's that I play in and plan on getting another 4 wheeler. I feel that if you set a small part of the riding land for 4WD truck/Jeep use ,you could possibibly reach the numbers you are shooting for. The main reason I state this is because places to drive our trucks are under the same gun, lack of places to ride.
Didn't know if you have thought about this angle or not.

One more question, If your plan does go thru, who's name will be on the deed to the land??? Everyone that had a part of the purchase? Or ya'll??

Old 01-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

places to drive our trucks are under the same gun, lack of places to ride.
Didn't know if you have thought about this angle or not.

One more question, If your plan does go thru, who's name will be on the deed to the land??? Everyone that had a part of the purchase? Or ya'll??
We have given the truck 4WD some consideration and with a large enough property it could work.

The title question is a good one. The answer, if all angles are approached is huge, but here it is as short as possible.....

The most effective and efficient method is that everyone will be a partner in an "LP". This way shares can be bought and sold by the owners and won't effect the day to day operations or deed. The name of the "Limited Partnership" (which is the owner of the land) will be chosen and voted on by all the partners (all partners are owners).

The reasons for this choice are vast...in short, land can't be subdivided except via a PUD (planned Unit Development) which has nothing but a negative impact on our effort of everyone riding on all the land as one parcel. Additionally any personal libilities already in effect against any of the owners won't have an effect on the LP (can't reach beyond the monetary value of their individual share), and any liablities created by the LP (loss of life or limb) won't carry through to the other owners individually (unless they participated in creating the casualty). Our goal is to protect all the owners and the ownership of the land the best we can. I can go on and on but you get the idea.

Old 01-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Have you guys purchased land since you started this? If not are you close to purchasing land?

oh and good luck

Old 01-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I hate the answer ....but....not yet.

I think after a couple of months in 2005 we might be able to get everyone that has signed up to help give it a push by getting all their friends and fellow riders to sign up which may easily give us the numbers for the first facility or two.

We may all be doing a bit of traveling at first, but it'll be worth it. I'd like to think 'soon they'll be all over Florida'.....time will tell

Thanks again for your support

Old 01-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

We have given the truck 4WD some consideration and with a large enough property it could work.

I understand, but if we are talking about hundreds of acres, I don't see why you couldn't set around 20 or so acres aside just for trucks. Maybe room enough for a couple of mud pits, and a couple of rock piles made up of reject concrete. Please don't get the wrong idea, as I am not pushing the "truck" part; just trying to help you get the numbers your looking for. I know that there are places in Tenn. that do this very same thing and it has worked for them.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

20 acres would be easy to do. We're looking at each facility to consist of 400+ acres.

The truck-4WD's can still sign up. When we're ready to purchase properties, they can express their interest in those properties where we can have this activity. It's possible that not all facilities could accomodate the trucks....for what reason I have no idea at this point, but 20 acres certainly isn't asking for much.

I'd say go for it....

Old 01-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

We'll see what we (4WD's) can do to help out everyone envolved!

I love mud and trails, weather it be on 38" tires or on a 4 wheeler!

Old 03-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

hello my name is nick, i live in indian river county. i think your idea is tata's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] for everyone in need to ride. there is a lot of 100-1000 acre tracts available in the fellsmere area. how do i sign up?

Quick Reply: Florida ATV Land Acquisitions