Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

I need insurance info for Massachusetts

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need insurance info for Massachusetts

lowrider,
Read what bank posted.I don't know if this helps you .Is your atv registered in MA. ?
I would make a phone call to maybe where you are staying in New York,try the local police dept in that area.A few phone calls ahead of time will save a you a ton of headaches later on.
Post what info you find out.
good luck,

Old 05-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Range Rover

Hey Guys. I was told by certain ATV high ups in NY that they know about Mass and would not require the insurance. I was told this on the sly and they won't put in writing. However the local LEO's know about Mass and will not site you for insurance purposes. Hope this helps. Sounds reasonable as they want the business. But this is not first hand knowledge. But was assured they are aware of the problem in Mass.

Thanx
Bank

Old 05-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks alot for the Info. I'm gonna call around the area I'm going to and find out more. I'm hoping this won't ruin my trip!

Old 05-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Range Rover

Lowrider,
When you get back from New York,post what the riding conditions were like...either under where to ride section of this forum or under this section.
Do you belong to Western MA.atv assoc.? If not,think about joining....strength in numbers!

have fun,
Cleve

Old 04-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like the state of Mass. is putting their citizens between a rock and a hard spot. Having to decide between riding or not being exposed to a a lawsuit that could potentially backrupt you and your is simply unacceptable. How long has this situation existed?

Old 05-17-2006, 04:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

This is an old thread though for the benefit of the viewers of this great thread and since I am also shopping for insurance I suggest that they go online. Have a free insurance quote, in this way you can compare rates side by side and they can compare policies also. And if you are really looking for a cheap insurance it would ne advisable as I am doing now. I recently checked out some quotes at InsurancePayLite they have a couple of known companies here. so it's cool. actually there are things that we all have to consider. Age is a major consideration. Old vehicles pay a higher premium than new ones. The type and model of the vehicle has a major role also. When buying car/auto insurance online, there are sites that provide automated tools. They’re using an auto coverage analyzer where you have to answer a few question about your financial standing, automobile condition, etc. From this information it will generate what category of coverage you need.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Range Rover

Nitro 88,
The problem we have here in Mass is that we are stuck with an old insurance system and things sure are slow to change.The state insurance system is being reviewed and hopefully changed for the better.Out of state insurance companies cannot write poilicies in this state.We cannot get insurance for jet-skis,mini-bikes or snowmobiles and ofcourse ATV's.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Cleve
Nitro 88,
The problem we have here in Mass is that we are stuck with an old insurance system and things sure are slow to change.The state insurance system is being reviewed and hopefully changed for the better.Out of state insurance companies cannot write poilicies in this state.We cannot get insurance for jet-skis,mini-bikes or snowmobiles and ofcourse ATV's.
Yes I know, though if the state would probably have good reviews on insurance junking the old school system that you have I suggest you go have free quotes just as i did to brokers like www.insurancepaylite.com. They can surely help you decide which insurance company is best for your insurance needs.

For now you have to take a good care of your toys or ATVs and probably get a Liability or Life insurance instead. Hope this helps Cleve.

Good Day!

Old 05-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know where to get ATV insurance $5000 physical damage, 500,000 liability cost about $153 per year. WWW.KSKINSURANCE.COM u can get the business phone number of the ksk website and call to get a quote or u can contact me if u have aim if u need more info at runtsht is my screen name.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Range Rover

I am from western ma. and my insurance agent told me he will be able to insure my quad. He said that somethiong has changed and you will be able to get insurance soon.

Quick Reply: I need insurance info for Massachusetts