Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Southeast indiana quad abusers

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southeast indiana quad abusers sat ride.

This thread contains a lot of the Quad Abusers activities. This site has a wealth of info for anyone interested in riding and maintaining quads. Read about us and search the forums. I guarantee you'll learn something. (Just check out the navigation box in the upper rite corner.)

You can check out our site, Quad Abusers.com

Check out some picsHERE!

We rode out at Bush's place Sat nite, our Valentines Run. 13 quads and 15 abusers (the club has really grown from the original 4 horseman, Quadog, Eiger2, HondaRon, and Kawboy.) Once again Bush and Flaura led us on a most excellent ride thru the hills, valleys, mud holes, creeks, and fields of Bear Branch, Indiana. The recent snow melt helped to make the trails muddy but fun!!! Anyone with a choice ran in 2 wheel drive most of the time.

Bomber Todd had his new 2 seater (he highly recomends the Outlander to anyone riding double) set up in the single rider application. He claimed it would climb a tree but was reluctant to prove it. After observing it and the Grizzly, the Bomb definely has the better IRS setup, way more stable. And the Bomb is not only 7" longer but a few inches wider which allowed him to straddle some mud holes but got him a lil hung up in some of the narrower spots. The automatic Bomb is the best machine he has ever set his a$$ on! (no hemmoroids on this baby[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Cletus may have a roid or 2 after Backflip slammed him a couple times after their mud slinging war became a game of tag.

Kawboy came to Bush"s rescue with his trusty compressor after he lost a bead on his front tire.

Jimmy "Juicer" complained that the rides were too long to be sustained on only 1 can of juice per stop.

Noone wanted to ride behind Razor since his 650 Cat was shaving large chunks of mud off the trails, it was like someone throwing Hershey bars at ya, but not as tasty.

Troyboy had no trouble keeping up on his 2wheel drive Blaster, he's a pretty good rider!

"One-eye" Jay rode his new Grizzly he just got from Bomber.

FastEddie brought along "Lileddie" (4yo and that boy can eat!) who entertained us with his stories of how he can make his battery powered John Deere tractor pop Wheelies in the basement.

Amy got the biggest scare, riding double with Laura, when "CloseCall" pointed her 450 Foreman straight at the stars (which were very bright and pretty on such a clear night) when she was climbing out of one of the crossings and found a log on the trail (that girl can ride!!). "I just started climbing Laura's back," was all Amy 'backclimber' could say. Obviously, a '2 can-o-juice break' was needed! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Several riders just tried to stay in the background so they wouldn't suddenly get a SEIQA nickname, yet.

We also had an excellent snack of deer sausage and cheese, cookies, and Reese cups. I was too busy chowing down to find out who brought the tasty treats, but thank you! (I think it was CloseCall, if so, that girl will ride ya into the ground then feed ya!!)

The topic of the night at most stops was Windrock. Bush is buying an RV for the Jamboree, and many questions about conditions, requirements, and accomodations were asked. We will hash out all the minor details as we get closer to April. Who's riding with who, who's sleeping with who, What we may be eating, etc. We also discussed the important accessories for general riding and I suspect everyone will have a backup light before Windrock.

Quadog was unable to attend but made productive use of his time by securing a source for the SEIQA tee shirts, which will be ready before the Jamboree.

HondaRon was also unable to attend since he needs to start buttering up the missus for the Jamboree. (Was that Valentines dinner at White Castle, Again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])

Thanks, again to our gracious hosts, Bush and Flaura!

"NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!!!!!!!"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Eiger2, out. here - Quad Abusers.com

Old 02-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Southeast indiana quad abusers

"Cruisin & juicin" sounds like a theme for a ride. Kawboy will want to ride like the wind when he gets his new p650, he already has said that his 7 day workweeks will become 5 days when the p650 is unloaded.

Thats pretty much the theme of sat 2/6 ride. We all met at the crick, juiced it up and headed for eiger1's place. We dined on deer steaks, cheese sticks and assorted other goodies. Eiger1 led us on a ride thru the hills of SE indiana, some major hills, valleys, and just plain ol big holes. Quadog and I both showed off the bottoms of our quads in the same hole [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . Big Jim is a great host and this was his pre surgery last ride. (Kathy really did all the work feeding us.....Kuddos to her!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] )

Eiger2, out!

Old 02-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

The big news is that we have moved our headquarters!!!! The burrito couldn't keep up. We are moving to HOOSIER WINGS AND RINGS on rte 50, just across the street from the burrito. Lots more room and the owner wants to be a sponsor by offering us drink and food discounts. We wont have the GIANT juices @ $1.49 anymore but I suspect we all will be better able to function on Friday morn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

The other news is that Kawboy got his p650 (good thing, since he had already prebought a bunch of fixups for it). She wasn't exactly as advertised, 1200 miles, not 250; alil scratched up, not "showroom"; and the front end had a lot of wobble, and the winch didn't work. The guy wanted premium $$$ but after some discussion decided on a much more reasonable $$. (she needs expensive parts and labor, fortunately we can take care of both.)

We all met at Besslers (sat nite 2/19) for the best burgers on this or any other planet, then headed up to kawboys. The new 650 needed some TLC before she could be ridden.

See ya all thurs pm at HOOSIER WINGS AND RINGS!!!!! Bring yer friends or bring yerself, just come and enjoy the festivities. Who knows, you may walk out with one of the great prizes from the raffle.

Eiger2, out.

Old 02-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Eiger1 had his back operated on. Now he can stand straight up.(WOW!!! he is one big SOB!!!!!!!)
He had titanium rods installed using the upgraded titanium screws to hold his down-graded spine together.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
He still has degenerative disc disease and those bad knees but he may be able to ride in a few months. He's hoping to be able to perform his gardener/landscaper duties at the crick by spring. He may have the only quad with a handicap sticker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If he is unable to perform, then we will all chip in and get the job done, maybe as an activity at the weekly meetings on thurs nite. It might be a Friday nite activity.

Everyone is invited to stop by his house and wish him a speedy recovery (please bring coors lite juicers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) Anyone who wants his phone number can look on the members list or give me a call. Big Jim is stuck at home all day so any visits or calls are much appreciated. Visits by non-juicers are also very much needed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Eiger2, out!

Old 02-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Kaw boys p650 "deal" got a lil better when he was riding in the field next door and when he popped a wheelie, the front wheel fell off!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] YES.....you read that right, IT FELL OFF! He drug it home with the tow-kaw. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thursday (2-24) meeting was a great success at the new headquarters, Hoosier wings and rings. Most members are going to the industrial park sat. and details of the windrock trip were discussed in greater detail. The web site, quadabusers.com is looking better but most members are net impaired.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Range Rover

eiger2, how far are you from centerville oh. it takes me about 35 min to get to cincy bridge into Ky. taking 75 south

prairie650

Old 03-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

If ya take 275 to the west it'll take ya to Lawrenceburg. Prolly the same amount of time to get here as to the I75 bridge. We are where I275 crosses the same river. Then about 5 minutes off highway to headquarters. (Hoosier Wings on US50)

We will be at the windrock campground during the Spring Jamboree, April 20 - 25. This is our Holy Grail ride. We'll be meeting lots of people and riding all over the 72,000!!!!!!!! acres!!!.

In the summer we ride sometimes at Horseshoe lake wich is next to I275 from the Ohio line to the Ohio river.

According to mapquest yer 1hr 45min away. Where are ya coming from if ye can make it in 35 min????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Ya must be flying if ya get there from waynesville in 35 min.

Old 03-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Range Rover

I take 71 south from my area. maybe more like 45 min no traffic. sounds like you might be to far to to come to all the meetings but maybe hook up on some rides, I might be down at windrock for the spring ride, I ride with "the Soggy bottom boys" when I'm down there, I've rode a couple of times at big rock but do not like the cost and I prefer more trail riding.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Range Rover

OG, quit a list of toys, is that what you still have or had, the KZ1000 we used to drag race them in florida all the time, fast bike in its time.

not sure if I will be going to the rock, I had shoulder surgery in feb and the doc told me we will have to see. I donot want to rip it out when its 80-90%. if I go I will make it a point to find you guys, it would be nice to see locals (sort of). I have a plate on the back that has PRAIRIE 650 on it. I will be in the soggy bottom boyz camp.

Do you have any members from up my way.

Old 03-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Right now we are pretty local. Only started a few months ago. But as we grow our opportunities grow also. We'd love to have a contact in yer area who could show us a trail or 2. We're always willing to show ours. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

And yup, all that stuff is in his garage, the 1000 is the only one not operational at this time.

Quick Reply: Southeast indiana quad abusers