Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Atlantic Grand Prix event Nov 12th and 13th Thank you all!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlantic Grand Prix event Nov 12th and 13th Thank you all!

First I’d like to thank all the riders that came out and supported our event both on Saturday and Sunday November 12th and 13th up at North American Warhorse in Scranton PA.

I’d also like to thank North American Warhorse and their crew for making the land available, Bombardier ATV for coming through big time with support and sponsorship, as well as the Lackawanna Emergency Squad, Tony and the guys from Valley ATV Club for providing chase riders as well as all the volunteers that worked on the event.

As everyone is well aware the event was tough on the riders and their equipment. So for the December 4th event we are going to be running the valley course along both sides of the reservoir stream where there is more soil than rocks. The course is going to be reduced down to about eight miles instead of 10 and it will have more winding roads for more passing. WE WILL NOT BE GOING UP TO THE TUNNEL OR UP ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN WHERE THE ROCKS ARE! Sorry about that.

As I said before, we really value the feedback from the riders. If there is something you didn’t like tell us and we’ll fix it. If there is something you liked we’ll improve on it. This series is for ATV riders and both my team and I want to make this the best little Off-Road series in the country.

The electronic scoring system worked flawlessly and I’d like to thank both Andy Sharp and Kirk Sessions who have been instrumental in bring the system online. We’re still trying to get the transponders up for 2006 and are working on ironing out the bugs.

Results are up at: [L=]http:www.atlanticgrandprix.com[/L]

Again, Thanks for everyone’s support and we really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting on the event. You are a great group of people and you should all be proud of yourselves.

Dale

Dale Freitas, Director of the Atlantic Grand Prix Series
[L=]http:www.atlanticgrandprix.com[/L]

P.S. This is a new series and we need the support of the riders. Tell your all your friends and get them out and racing. As I said before, we need larger numbers to make it work. We’re committed to doing a full series for 2006 and we the have land and new locations that have never seen a race before. As well as major sponsors that want to be part of the series for 2006. Right now we’re looking at 14 events all within the area of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and South Central New York.