Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

ADIRONDACK ATV RIDERS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADIRONDACK ATV RIDERS

Just seeing if anyone in here is apart of the group....i live in downstate NY and havent been able to attend the meetings, would like to know what is happing up there, any problems with closures or other stuff?

Old 02-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADIRONDACK ATV RIDERS

I am a member of the the Adirondack ATV club and I was informed a few weeks ago that the situation in upstate NY is on the upswing. In case people do not knoe the roads on Tug hill were closed down for ATV use a few months back. Since that time the majority of the lewis county politicians who voted to shut down the hill are know gone. With that said the new board is all for keeping the hill open. My guess is that in the next couple of months everything will be ok.

I also heard that Lewis county was discussing opening up a trail system (not roads) on the hill. I haven't heard much other than that.

What also was brought to my attention is that the dispute about closing Brantingham is almost over. From what I have heard there is a good chance that trails will re-open this spring. Decisioin should be made by April/May.

Other than that everything up north seems very positive.

Chris