Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Atv Poker Run: Eastern Ohio, St. Clairsville, April 20th

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This update has come later than I had planned due to illness.

I have ridden the trail, and what a trail it is. Lots of different elements in the course(Mud, Water, Open fields, tight woods, off cambers, up hills, down hills, mud pits). This not a groomed golf course. This is a course that will prove fun for all types of riders. I don't want to discourage anybody. It has been judged an intermediate course, but novice's can ride the trail. there is a way around the tough spots just ask any of the numerous course marshall's and they will be happy to give guidance. But in my own opion the small 50cc and 90cc atv's for children will have a great deal of difficulty. But we do have children under 13 yrs of age who ride the same trails with very little difficulty(they ride trail blazers and honda 300's). Their will be about 50 course marshalls riding the course to assist anyone in need of help or directions or what have you. I rode the course on sunday to mark the trails. It rained most of the day, it was a slick ride but fun even though I was working.

Camping will be available on saturday only . $10.00 fee
Riding is $15.00 per rider.
A lot of local Vendors will be on site to sell the basics.

Food and refreshments will be available at the starting line and half way through the course.

Poweline park in St. Clairsville, Ohio is sponsoring an atv poker run. The run is scheduled for April 20th. There will be a posting on (www.natltire.com) for event information. Also camping will be available. there will be several vendors there to supply the event with various atv parts and acc.
directions for the park:
Conveniently located at exit 213 on Interstate 70, in St. Clairsville, Ohio • Turn North on State Route 331 • Turn on right onto Hammond Rd. and Follow Signs to event

Gate opens at 8:00AM Saturday the 20th[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2002, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer

IF anybody is interested in what happened on the first ATV poker run at power line park. Here it is in a nutshell.

With all the rain we received friday and saturday morning. It made the trails even harder to ride... We had a lot people say it was the hardest and most technical trail they have ever had to travel during a poker run. I have to admit it was pretty aggressive. A lot of virgin trail that is not normally open. It was a very fun day for me and my fellow trail marshall's. We helped a lot of riders out of tough spots. the sport bikes had a h*ll of a time on the muddy trails. But very few complaints.

The one good thing about power line park is it sits on top hills not down in any valleys. Which helps in drying the trails out quickly. By mid afternoon the trails where becoming pretty nice to travel on.

The club has decided to keep the Poker runs somewhat challenging for future events. This might keep the attendance down, but we feel that we are providing a niche. We are also happy to report not a single injury during the event!!!!!

Old 04-25-2002, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

I thought it was one of the best rides that I have been on and also one of the toughest. I also winched and pulled about 6 people up hills and out of mud. I myself had to be winched out after sliding down a hill into some logs. I will be back in the fall with more riders.i AGREE TO KEEP THE TRAIL CHALLENGING IT MAKES FOR MORE FUN.