Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Riding Wayne National Forest in Ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding Wayne National Forest in Ohio?

It has been 10 years since I've road on State Trails in Ohio. I was wondering if its legal to double ride at the Wayne National Forest Trails? I know PA allows it with an aftermarket passenger seat. I didn't want to make the trip without first finding out the rules. Any other info you think may be important please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-21-2015, 10:16 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been looking and haven't found anything yet but I don't believe riding double on a single person ATV is legal in any national forest.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know in PA it's legal with an aftermarket passenger seat like one made from Wes Industries. I just haven't found any info for Ohio yet.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Moto Psycho

What's legal on state land might not be legal in the national forests.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've already spoke with the park rangers for PA, so I know it is legal there. I have my trail permits and am good to go in PA. My question wasn't about PA I already know the answer my question was for Ohio and no offense but if you don't know the answer move on lol

Old 07-23-2015, 01:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wayne national forest, allegheny national forest... Both are national forest

Old 07-23-2015, 01:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

[QUOTE=bafisher1986;3295427]Wayne national forest, allegheny national forest... Both are national forest, which are run by the state

Old 07-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by bafisher1986
I've already spoke with the park rangers for PA, so I know it is legal there. I have my trail permits and am good to go in PA. My question wasn't about PA I already know the answer my question was for Ohio and no offense but if you don't know the answer move on lol
I was trying to be helpful and find the information for you but it appears I was just wasting my time. If you can't find it either then you should move on too. But first I'd like you to show me where it says you can legally ride double on a single person ATV in a national forest. It would be nice if I was able to reference that law in the future if anyone else asks. You should know the park ranger's word isn't law and sometimes people get busted by one ranger doing something another ranger said was okay. Only the written law counts and I haven't seen it.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

You're definitely a confused person... Do you not realize the park rangers are who patrol and enforce the laws for the national parks! They are who you contact should you have questions, which is what I did prior to riding in PA. I haven't had the time to get ahold of the park rangers for Wayne Nation Forst yet, which was why I asked on here to see if anyone else knew. Since no one seems to when I have time I will contact them directly. But yes it is written on the website for Allegheny State National Forest. It is also written on the rules and regulations you sign in order to obtain that permit.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Quick Reply: Riding Wayne National Forest in Ohio?