Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

realtor or spider tracs

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 10:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default realtor or spider tracs

which one would be better on my raptor i rider trails sand snow mud water and some road

Old 09-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Range Rover

I run Spider's on my 350X's and love em. I have never got a flat on em (even if they did you could still ride on em) and the tread holds up really good. My first set were made by Dick Cepek and I just picked up a new set from ITP. Can't comment on the Realtor don't know anything about 'em. I origianlly lived in Southern Illinois and the Spiders tore everything up. You name it.....hardpack dirt, snow and the nastiest blue mud you ever smelled. I live in San Diego now and have been riding in the desert and I love em out there also. You can ride in the dirt, hit huge rocks (not even ding your rims with the overlap the tires have) and roost it up in the sand with the scooping type action of the tread. I can't wait to try em out @ Glamis. Plus if you get lost not many people run Spiders and the tread leaves little arrows that point the way home haha. My buddy just picked up a new Raptor and he said as soon as he wears out the stock knobbies (won't take long) he's getting some Spider Tracs also. Can't wait to see what the Raptor will do then. In my opinion you'd be hard pressed to find a more versatile tire than the Spider Tracs. Good luck with your decision.

Old 09-03-2003, 11:12 PM
Range Rover

how fast do spider tracs wear casue i ride the road

Old 09-04-2003, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

When I lived in Illinois we would hit the blacktop roads and stuff just to make up time if I was late or something like that. They didn't hardly wear at all from the road. I don't hit the pavement being here in Cali. There are way too many freeways and cars. I got a 2003 Z71 Silverado and a trailer for that. I would imagine that just about any off-road tire would wear prematurely if ridden on the pavement consistently. Besides it's pretty boring riding on the road (unless you see the COPS). Then you're looking for the quickest way off the road hahaha.

Old 09-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with yardbird. SpiderTracs are geat tires for any situation. Plus they would look totally awesome on a raptor. the spiders and the realtors would work similar on all surfaces except for on trails, thats where the Spiders will do best.