Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

BEST place and Price on beadlocks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST place and Price on beadlocks?

Looking for 12" Beadlocks or even the Reinforcement Ring Rims for a Prairie700. I was Just wondering who has the BEST price? and what have others paid? Most of the Prices Ive found seem high!? Is it just me? and Im in a cheep mood?~lol. 12" Beadlocks go for at least $200.00 each and the Rings at $150.00 each on Douglas .190s? Is this the price im going to have to pay? So far this Year! Ive destroyed 1 Stock rim, 2 ITP Cast (stay away from cast if you ride rocky areas!) ohh and 2 steel rims! I guess its time for the heavy duty?

www.marylandatv.com [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

MARYLANDATV ... I have just the ticket for you... Keizer Wheels will custom make you a set... I had just ordered a set of 12" double beadlocks ( inside & outside ), with mud shields... these custom made wheels were cheaper than my best price on OMF, Douglas, & ITP C lockers or Pro Series single bead locks... & they are as light as any of the previously mentioned wheels... they are rebuildable ( outer half can be replaced, cheaper than replacing the whole wheel, if damaged ), they can be had in any custom offset you choose...

the only downside, is that you may need longer wheel studs, as my double beadlocks were 3 layers thick in the center section ( single beadlock wheels, or non locked wheels may not be though ??? )... I went to NAPA, & purchased 7/16" X 1.5" auto lug bolts & drilled everything out to fit, now the work perfectly, & are actually stronger than the stock bolt set up...

they can also make "special" wheels... they will be building me a set of very wide 15" or 16" O.D. wheels ( available this spring ), with my Kawi bolt pattern, for custom pulling tires...

you can call them at (712) 722-0032

Old 12-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

They quoted me $289.00 each on beads??? and with just rings were $210.00??? Didnt you say they were cheeper? I was looking to see if i could save money~LOL. Im sure you get what you pay for and they sound like very good rims, But too Pricey for me right now. I have a buddy that loves the OMF and has never had a problem, It looks like OMF has the best Price? I was just wondering if there was anything cheeper? Im going to race GNCC next year and need to can save money any way I can?? ~Thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] for the info....

www.marylandatv.com