Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Which mud tire would you pick for a warrior or sport quad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 05:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which mud tire would you pick for a warrior or sport quad?

I recently bought a set of GBC gators for a 2wd project buggy. They have about the most aggressive tread I could find, I was going to get mud-lites until I found out the tread depth is shallower on the 2wd sizes. The gators are awesome in mud, and seem to be about par with the stock 300ex tires I had when on hardpack. They do lack sideways grip, but I think they more than make up for it with traction in the soft stuff.

Old 06-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Range Rover

Sand tires unlimited Mud Machines... Awesome for hardpact and mud hands down... They were so sweet that they finally made my buddies DS650 wheelie on flat grass first try when it would simply spin the dominators before! They are lightweight, slide reasonably with control and have a wicked mean pattern too! If I ever got a mud tire for my Rappy it'd be these hands down!

Old 06-18-2004, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

The mud machines that Sparx named are heavy, but they are a great tire. My friend has them on his zilla and they hook up amazing and shoot a killer roost.

Old 06-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer

has anyone run 23'' mudlites on the rear of warrior is this too high or would 22'' be better, bike is 97 warrior supertrapp,kn,jetted goes good just wondering what size i should buy and how much of a difference it will make any help appreciated thanx.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:46 AM
Range Rover

I wouldn't go anything bigger than 22". That would be great for XC riding. Anything bigger and you would have adverse handling affect and would have to do some serious regearing to compensate for the larger tires. Maybe just drop one front countershaft tooth with the 22's...

Old 06-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Stay with 22's.

Old 06-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: traildogg
has anyone run bearclaws on the rear of their warrior how does it handle im deciding between those and spidertracks or dirt devils or mudlites whisc ones wear the best last the longest ill be riding hardpack, rocks,ruts etc... which ones will i have the least power loss with i like doing doughnuts, i drive 97 warrior supertrapp exhuast kn filter jetted.
id go with spider tracks. i had them on mine and i could go n e wear

Old 06-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: moldycheese
Originally posted by: traildogg
has anyone run bearclaws on the rear of their warrior how does it handle im deciding between those and spidertracks or dirt devils or mudlites whisc ones wear the best last the longest ill be riding hardpack, rocks,ruts etc... which ones will i have the least power loss with i like doing doughnuts, i drive 97 warrior supertrapp exhuast kn filter jetted.
id go with spider tracks. i had them on mine and i could go n e wear
yessss,,,,spidertracs are awesome on a warrior,,,,,you will go through just about anything

Old 06-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

no problem i can pick them up do they still make them ihave a 9'' rim in the back and 10'' in the front can you still powerslide them and do doughnuts also how do they wear thanx for the input guys.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

I have had Spidertracs on my 300ex for about 5 months now and they are awsome I can powerslide do doughnuts and I love them have not found a mud hole that I couldn't make [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Which mud tire would you pick for a warrior or sport quad?