Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Realter a/t tires?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realter a/t tires?

Does ne one have a pair on a tb 250 or a similar quad. I liked what i read on a different post about them, but still have some questions. How well do they work on trails when forward and when backward? Also, what would be the best pos. for hill climbing? Lastly, would ne one know if these are the right tires to try and gain ground clearence with by going a few inches bigger then stock? I just piped, jetted, clutched, and got a new airfilter on my tb so i have about 30 hp.
Thanks for the time.
nick

Old 02-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

it seems like a good match to me

i used to have some on a warrior and they lasted a long time and pulled really well

if you go taller than stock you will like the added ground clearance,,,,,but you may have to gear down accordingly to offset the added tire size

they are very durable,,,and on the heavy side

check my lt250r pics

Old 02-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

sweet, do you know of what kind of place will put the new tires on my stock rims? I think there is a discount tire place near me, i'll give em a try. Thanks

Old 02-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Old 02-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

I just want to say that I had the other post a while back...and I got em on my Scrammy now....I just have to say...saweet!!!...The are bad ***..I love them...They are a little heavier than my old maxxis but for the little extra weight its worth it....I have them on the forward side and they do grip very good..I can't wait to get it out of my yard and in the trail...another + thing I like about them..I can flip them backwards and they look like they will work great for the snow and sand...act like paddles...So If your or you did get them..then congrats..I love mine!

Old 02-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

havent got em yet, need more money! Thanks for the help, its good to hear from someone who has them. WHere did u get urs? Rocky mountian? Also, did u just get tires or did u get rims too?

Old 02-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to keep askin the dumb questions, but if u didnt buy the tire rim combo, where did u get the tires put on the stock rims. WIll a place like a local tire store or sears do it? Just wondering. ALos, i am hopefully goin somewhere like the bad lands for my b-day, so i hope to get them within a month so i can use em down/ across there. Thanks again for the help!!!!!

Old 02-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Ok,,,well my stock rear tire measures....22x11x10....I ordered size 22x12x10...as long as the rim size is the same..you can go one size bigger in the overall diameter and one inch more in the width.... Ya you can purchase them at Rocky Mountain Atv or Ronnies..I got mine at Ronnies online....for the rear set plus shipping it ended up costing me 147 bucks.....As for mounting...You can check a local tire place that works, mounts, tires on cars....They usually also work on lawnmower tires and atv tires...I have had them mounted and unmounted at Goodyear before...But I usually take them up to a local Snowmobile AtV place were I live..(just because I like looking at all the toys and in there store) but yes I did put them on my stock rims...only because my wheels are still in good shape...welp I hope that helps some..if you have any questions...holler!
Quadracer18

Old 02-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

One more thing Trailblazinrider...you said you plan on going to the badlands...so your somewhere around or in Indiana..cool!!! Ya I go to Haspin Acres and I plan on going to the bad lands...if you get those realtors and put the tread pattern for the sand then you should be in great shape!!! I also want to check out the OHV redbird and see what they are about...but ya hope you get some shoes for your quad!

Old 02-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

sweetness, thanks for all the help. Now i need to pick a size. I want to get the biggest that will fit, cuz i tend to bottom out a lot, and it helps to have more gc in snow and mud. I dont know my stock sizes, but would like to go to a 21-24 inch. Just need to wait till the money comes so i can get them ordered. Thanks guys for all the help again, and its nice to know someone who has the tires had a good thing to say about them!!!!

Quick Reply: Realter a/t tires?