Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Adult Chat Line

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2000, 11:21 PM
JZ
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't even know how to use a chat line but from the few I've checked on, it's mostly a device that a lot of the younger riders use to sort of chew the fat. Is there anything out there for us old guys (I'm 47) where we can discuss parts, pieces, modifications etc.? I don't seem to have much in common with the guys who are here and at Highlifter Chat. Just thought I'd ask, in case there's some other folks like me out there somewhere.

Old 08-07-2000, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

hey, JZ, you are always welcome , here:
just click:http://pub20.ezboard.com/bhondatrx250r

Old 08-07-2000, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

I noticed you chose your words carefully. You have a career in politics if you ever decide to leave your real job. I also happen to agree with you. Maybe people with similar interests could preface the beginning of their threads with something like "If your Daddy bought you your quad or if your Mommy needs to give you a ride to the gas station to buy gas - don't read this post". Notice how much less tact I have. I would never make it in Washington. Oh well.

Old 08-08-2000, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

Wait, what is wrong with Highlifter chat again????is it that alot of people go there for atv accessory advice, or to show riding pictures? Or find new places to ride?

Old 08-09-2000, 11:16 AM
JZ
Weekend Warrior

Sorry about that, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. The highlifter site is great and the chat section serves as a great location for like-minded people to exchange info on the subjects you mentioned. I just wanted to make sure there were not more great locations like HL that I was missing out on.

Old 08-09-2000, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

JZ

I don't think you ruffled any feathers... and if you did heck its just The_Law lol

I know at times all of them tend to get "off subject"

I know that AT Vsource (no space).com has a chat room also

Hope to see ya around

Old 08-13-2000, 06:52 PM
JZ
Weekend Warrior

This may not be the appropriate thread to ask this question but I thought I noticed a few Foreman ES riders posting comments here.

Is there a device/procedure that is being used by ES riders to prevent the ES from going on the fritz when it is exposed to a lot of water? Two times now while riding through water a couple of feet deep, my scooter refused to accept shift commands. Whatever gear I was in while I was in the water is the gear I was stuck with.

I have to dig out the manual shift lever and limp back to the truck. Ride time is over until a few things dry out. The last time it happened it took two hours to dry out. The time before that it took about 4 hours to dry out.

I'm not one of those guys who needs a snorkel or anything like that but out of 12 stock scooters that went through that water, my Honda 450ES was the only one that balked.

I bought Honda because of reliability, now I'm wondering if I made a mistake getting the ES instead of the S.

Help me with this one if you can.

PS

I may have mentioned this in another post, but I finally broke down and bought Mud Bugs for the Honda! 27X10 on the front and 27X12 on the rear. Mounted them on the stock rims. So far I like them. Got em from Highlifter. Only took em two days to get from LA to FL, not too bad!

Old 08-13-2000, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Jz

about the only thing I can think of to tell you is to go through all the connections (plugs) on the wiring and fill with di-electric grease.

If you looked at any of my pics you can see that I take mine rack deep all the time and have never once had the es quit working. and I hav'nt put dielectric grease in any of the plugs...but I have heard of simular problems. You might post this question in the HLiftre forums... there is a lot of "extreme" mud riders there

Hope this helps

Old 08-13-2000, 09:19 PM
JZ
Weekend Warrior

Brad,

Just got the opportunity to go check out your photos! Pretty Cool! I was in water like that a couple of weeks ago but with the results I had mentioned earlier.

You have made a lot of modifications to your scoot that I have been considering. Do you feel that the HL performance kit (ie) Supertrapp, K&N etc. was worth the money? I think HL wants about $400 for that kit.

I like your stick guards too! I was looking at the Oxguard (or something like that sp?) but was not really impressed. If you could go back and do it over, what would you change about the modifications you made?

tks
jz

Old 08-13-2000, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Jz

The best mod that I have got is the AP bash plate and stick gaurds they are extremely tough (1/4" alum) and not much money (the best part ) On the High perfomance kit..... very much worth it, it takes a bit to get it jetted right (but not to bad) but once you do you have more low/mid range than with the stock tires...big difference... I didn't notice much if any top end gain but thats not where it mattered to me... Over all I have been very happy with all of the modification that I have made..... the lift gave it more ground clearence and it actually turned better than it did with the stock tires.

Hope this helps

Sorry to here about your es probs I know I would be frustrated if it was me

Quick Reply: Adult Chat Line