Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Maxxis Razrs? ITP Holeshots?? GBC Shreaders???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2000, 12:07 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets see. We have have installed 18 sets of holeshots this year since the beginning of the GNCC series and not a single problem with leaks. We probable went through 25 sets last year without a single leak. Sounds like some people may have some problems with either wheels or installation. Who would want a tire to slide when turning??? Razr will last longer but have less ground clearance. Holeshots slightly better on slick hard pack due to softer compound. Razrs are cheaper to buy. Holeshot sidewalls tend to hold up better in rocky conditions. Shredders are not even on the same level as the Razr or Holshot

Old 08-28-2000, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

I got the holeshot xct's and just the left front leaks. Ride on it all day, and in the morning it's flat. other than this no problems. Had a set of razor's. F/B worked well but didn't last to long.

94 banshee

Old 08-28-2000, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

H300f..
How you doing ?? I just purchased the Bandits... I also ride a lot of coal piles.. your right about the digging holes.. Its not thta bad, but it happens.. But they are a great all a round tire ! I love them !! I have heard alot a good things about these tires.. I think I would go with the razors !! Good Luck !!
Also .. where do you ride up there.. I friend I ride with family lives in Wilkes Barre' Actually, they may actually live in Dallas.. Not positive.. But we would lie to make it up that way sometime to ride ?? Let me know !!!

Jason

Old 09-01-2000, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

I have the 20" ITP Holeshot XC with slime and have had zero problems with mine...no leaks and only one flat (sidewall puncture/rim pinch) that was severe enough to warrant a new tire. They do wear quick, but I reverse them to make them last longer. Even @ 50% tread they still grab (to me anyways) better than any tire I've tried. I use them on during XC races and weekend rides. Mostly hills, slate dumps, hard pack, not too much mud....little bit of loam. When new you can NOT spin these very easy on grass at all. I actually like them a little better after a ride or two.

Old 09-01-2000, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

I run 20" holeshots on .190 rims on my quadracer, and my buddy runs 20" razrs on .190 rims on his 250r. We both got them from rocky mountain atv, and we each have one of our tires leak.(and go flat overnight) Another guy has 22" blackwaters on itp .190's, and he had a problem with the rim spinning within the tire because his tire would deflate by the end of the ride. Also from rocky mountain atv. So maybe it is an issue of how/where the tires are installed. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-02-2000, 02:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2000 Banshee, slightly modified, and i just got rid of the stockers this morning, and put on a pair o' 20" razrs on 190 douglas rims. What a difference! The razr are incledible, and i recomend them to everyone. I rode on hardpack, sandy conditions, grassy fields, and they were great in all those conditions, definately better than stock on all. Plus they look cool! I still the stock fronts, but they are going next

by the way i changed up to 10" rims too.

Old 09-02-2000, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with BPace, the Shredders are not anywhere close to the other two, I have both RAZRs and Holeshots and have examined the Shredders before they are mounted. The Shredder construction leaves a lot to be desired, they are very cheaply made and it shows.

Currently I like the RAZRs in stickier conditions where I need the rear to slide a little more easily & the Holeshots when I need a little more hook.

Old 09-03-2000, 04:18 PM
Range Rover

The Holeshot and the Razr are basically identical. Each one has its pros and cons but for anyone to claim one is all that much better than the other has probably never used both. I have and there simply isn't that much difference between the two. Both are top quality tires and will provide a significant performance boost over stock tires on a sport quad.