Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

PEP Eazy pull clutch kit for 400EX

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2000, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering if anyone has one on a 400EX and if so how they like it!

Old 01-25-2000, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer

I have had the pep kit for about 9 months. I like very much and have no problems with it so far. I tried 3 other clutch kits and they were total garbage. However I just got a RTC kit and the craftsmanship is without equal. just waiting till the spring to install it.

Old 01-25-2000, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I purchased the PEP EZ clutch lever the same time I ordered a PEP steering stabilizer. They are by far the best bolt-on accessories for the MXer. They reduce fatigue and improve control. It only took ten minutes, I will never take them off.

Old 01-25-2000, 11:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I purchased the PEP EZ clutch lever the same time I ordered a PEP steering stabilizer. They are by far the best bolt-on accessories for the MXer. They reduce fatigue and improve control. It only took ten minutes, I will never take them off. What is the RTC kit?

Old 01-25-2000, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

I have a RTC clutch & perch assembly and a RTC front brake lever for my Banshee. There great. Never used a PEP, but I like my RTC's like you said, the RTC's are very trick!!!

Old 01-26-2000, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

With the new clutch lever, did you install a parking brake blockoff?

I don't need my parking brake, and frankly I don't want it. Too much adjustment and I can't rely on it. I want to get rid of my parking break and get a new clutch lever and perch. What do I need to do this? New lever, perch and blockoff. Anything else? Will I have to mess with electrical stuff? How hard is it to install the blockoff?

Old 01-26-2000, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

Frey,
you will need a block off plate if you remove the parking brake. I recommend the unit from NAC's.(I've been to Nac's a few times and have ordered numerous items from them, and I have to say that Nac's is great) the Nac's piece is solid not hollow like some of the others that I've seen.
You will also need a new clutch perch and lever. It is a simple mod that you can do in a few minutes.
As far as the electrical connections, there are two switches that when you remove the stock perch, you just join them together and wrap them up in some plastic wrap(you can find this a your local parts store)
However when you join these two connectors, you will be able to start the bike in gear without engaging the clutch. Since your playing with your controls, replace your bars with a different bend and you will expierence a more comfortable ride time
ron

Old 01-26-2000, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Would the above mentioned be a "Hydraulic Clutch"?

Old 01-26-2000, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

NO..
It is a regular clutch perch that you can buy anywhere. If you want to save a few bucks, just buy a replacement lever for the PEP eazy pull and buy a basic Sunline perch for a cr250. It is the exact same model that you are buying for $30 but saving $10 to $15 on if bought seperatly.
ron

Old 02-01-2000, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer

I have the pep on my 250R an dit was an awesome clutch lever 5 years ago now I am going to get a MSR raptor lever and perch it is much easyer to pull and has a grip

Quick Reply: PEP Eazy pull clutch kit for 400EX