Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

PEP Eazy pull clutch kit for 400EX

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2000, 12:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the raptor is the biggest waste of money. I had one and trying to install it was a nightmare. also it has 3 positions so that you can adjust to your liking. the easiest which was suppose to be 66%easier pull than stock was a crock. meanwhile with the PEP it felt like a feather compared to the raptor. I still have 2 other perches that I need to tryout. a RTC unit and one from moose that my friend has on his banshee and it feels like a feather on his quad. hopefully this can help you out.
ron

Old 02-01-2000, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

Ron,

Thanks for the tip on Nacs. I was already leaning towards them, but now I'll use them for sure.

About the two connectors, can I leave them so I can't start my bike in gear? I think it's a good safety feature, and I would like to keep it.

I already have 400EX-bend Renthals and I really like them. I couldn't believe how much lighter they were compared to stock.

Old 02-01-2000, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

frey,

the connectors must be connected or else the quad won't run right. also if you do happen to try to start it gear, the quad will jump a bit forward and try to go. usually when this happens, you either A)stop pressing the starter button or B)quickly engage the clutch in and start the quad.
I personally thought the quad bend on the handlebars that I looked at sucked. I tried about 14 different bars untill I chose the cr hi bend. It promotes a correct riding position on the quad when sitting or standing. However some people don't like the straight feel as compared to others. I guess it's like ice cream. some people like choclate, some don't that is why there are 31 other flavors at baskin and robins
Nac's has a very fast turnaround time(granted I only live about 2 houurs away)

Old 02-01-2000, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

frey,

the connectors must be connected or else the quad won't run right. also if you do happen to try to start it gear, the quad will jump a bit forward and try to go. usually when this happens, you either A)stop pressing the starter button or B)quickly engage the clutch in and start the quad.
I personally thought the quad bend on the handlebars that I looked at sucked. I tried about 14 different bars untill I chose the cr hi bend. It promotes a correct riding position on the quad when sitting or standing. However some people don't like the straight feel as compared to others. I guess it's like ice cream. some people like choclate, some don't that is why there are 31 other flavors at baskin and robins
Nac's has a very fast turnaround time(granted I only live about 2 houurs away) and they don't jerk you around.
ron

Old 02-04-2000, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

ronhonda,

One more question. With the new clutch system will I get the same "feel" and smoothness of the stocker with the nice "click" when the clutch engages? If not, I don't think I want to get a new system.

About the connectors: I misunderstood you when you initially described it. By connecting the two wires, you still can't get the bike running without engaging the clutch. I understand now. If you try to start the (stock) machine when it is in gear and the clutch disengaged, doesn't it still jump forward?

Old 02-04-2000, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer

frey,
in "stock mode" nothing will happen if you try to start the quad while in gear with no clutch.
after you modify it, if you try to start it while in gear, it will jump(think of a stickshift car and you try to start it without pressing the clutch)
as for the feel compared to the stocker.........it feels the same. maybe better after a few rides.
goodluck ron