Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Haulers or diggers

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haulers or diggers

looking to buy haulers or diggers dirt drags.

I keep reading about triple buffs but can't find where to buy them.

Anyone have any information on who sells them and how much.

I've emailed skat with no response.

Thanks

Old 06-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Range Rover

you better have a lot of power if you think you are going to turn diggers. i had a set of 7 paddle diggers on my snowmobile powered polaris . i went from 12 paddle taller haulers to the diggers the thing came out of the hole like never before but it slowed down a lot on top. i went back to the haulers and gear it taller so it wouldnt spinn so hard out of the hole. as for where to get uls any good dealer can order them for you. it will take a while to get so mke sure you know how many and what style you want.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hard to find dealer here in the east that sells them, are your 7 paddle for sale.

I don't want to spin them, I want to ride the wheelie bar for 300 ft.

Thanks for the inf.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

what are your planning on putting the diggers or triple buffs on?

Old 06-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Wanted to put them on an 850cc prairie. for drag raceing on dirt or grass, I have 4 / 4snow now

Old 06-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

the problem with skat-trak haulers or digger or the triple buffs are they are made for sand, or light unpacked dirt. the triple buffs are for sand use only, they material is thin and light it wil pop the tire very easily on anything but sand, so they are out of the question. the haulers will work on the dirt if its soft, but in the grass they done have anything to grab onto to gain traction. the diggers are more aggresive then the haulers. they will work, on the dirt is the grass i dont think youll be happy with. and the haulers are going to wear so fast on packed dirt of grass you'll be wasteing you money, your more than likely going to rip the paddles off, you might want to look into a set of molded paddles tires as opposed to ones that are glued on(haulers) molded tires your going to give you a rougher ride but provide more grip for you application and last a lot longer, down side is they are heavier and increase the rotating mass your engine has to push out

Old 06-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shotgun isnt a rookie, he knows a bit about tires... From what I understand he said he has 4snows for dirt and grass, these tires will be for sand.

Go with the triple buff extremes, they work well on banshees into the 125hp range and when you get above that the diggers can still be a little too much paddle.

As for how many paddles and size, thats going to depend on your setup and sand type along with race distance. I'd call skat trak and a few other places and see what kind of input you get.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

i never said he was a rookie or did i ever question his experience. im just saying that one the triple buff would be a terrible choice for that bike, considering they are light high hp tires. and the rubber material is very thin on them. two his bike weigh way to much for the triple buff to even work. and i simple stated the fact that he should purchase tires that have the paddles glued on but rather molded on one solid tire. if he wants to go with ska-trak i would looking buying thier "strom" tire i think its called.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Range Rover

sorry i sold the diggers. isaw a guy witha sportsman 700 and he ran 26 with 12 paddle glidders. that thing hooked up and had good wheels speed. but that was on a hard dirt surface. i dont know what yours is like but just a thought.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks guy for the replies. I admit I don't know much about sand tires, here in new England it's either dirt/grass or tar.

the dirt and grass strips get tore up so bad, especially on the start line, gets really loose. I saw a pair of triple buffs being used on a dirt track on a 100 hp Vforce force. He was .2 faster than me., so I though I'd give the paddles a try. He won everything.

I'm just looking for something really lite, that will grab.

Thanks again.