Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

itp holeshot mxr4, kenda claws, irazor, whats best for traction

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default itp holeshot mxr4, kenda claws, irazor, whats best for traction

Originally posted by: proudtobeon660
ive has kenda klaws in the past and thought they were good when new. but after about 70% tread left they sucked. iv also has a pair of holeshot xcts and they hooked up unbelievably. but never have i tried turf tamers or holeshot mx4s or irazors. for the price the tamers seem to be a deal
i ra xct's too. good grip but way to big and heavy for mx.

how did your kendas hoook up on the road and dirt? could you pull wheelies still with those tires? because when i first got em the front would lift realy good but then now their around only 70% left and wont lift the front just spin. is that how yours were?

Old 03-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

yes after 70% they lost almost all traction. wheelies were definatly still possible in tacky dirt ang dry grass. but gravel roads and lose dirt were very hard to pull up. even with a raptor which is a wheelie monster. i went riding last weekend and wore them down to about 50%. then did a massive trailer burnout and now theyre about 20%. . i just bought some tamers and grooved them for racing so i will let you know how they are.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: proudtobeon660
yes after 70% they lost almost all traction. wheelies were definatly still possible in tacky dirt ang dry grass. but gravel roads and lose dirt were very hard to pull up. even with a raptor which is a wheelie monster. i went riding last weekend and wore them down to about 50%. then did a massive trailer burnout and now theyre about 20%. . i just bought some tamers and grooved them for racing so i will let you know how they are.
400ex is a way more wheelie quad than a rapter and on a road i cant lift the front end the tires just spin to the point that they some times smoke